• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3:45 Battery Life. WTF is going on?

To anyone interested in an update:

15+ hours (830am until Midnight) and still in the 30% range. This is on the new settings mentioned above, and I even streamed a little 4G WiFi so some friends could do FaceTime on their new iPhones. Also used Maps Navigation today to bike. Spoken-word directions thru headphones is awesome.

snap20100625000830.png

Upvote 0
To anyone interested in an update:

15+ hours (830am until Midnight) and still in the 30% range. This is on the new settings mentioned above, and I even streamed a little 4G WiFi so some friends could do FaceTime on their new iPhones. Also used Maps Navigation today to bike. Spoken-word directions thru headphones is awesome.

Great stuff that you figures out what it was, reformat the SD card and reinstall it and all should be good with that issue now.

Upvote 0
Great stuff that you figures out what it was, reformat the SD card and reinstall it and all should be good with that issue now.

I think this helped with a fresh start, but the solve is definitely the background apps and the using of 3G constantly. If I had put settings back as I had them, I'd still be draining battery.

I was having the restart issues before too, and they too have disappeared. No doubt the re-format everything helped that.

Upvote 0
I always charge the phone via the cord that came with the phone plugged into either my Apple display or MacbookPro

I bought a second charger and started using that at home as I was having trouble with battery life. The next day my battery lasted ALL day...the only differance is the charge rate is 1amp on the factory HTC charger and limited to .5amps (500mA) on the Belkin charger I bought.

Maybe try this...Amazon.com: Belkin Mini Surge Protector Dual USB Charger: Electronics

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones