3.5 mm headphone jack, not flush, sound cuts in and out. Anyone else?Support

Last Updated:

1. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When inserting headphones into the 3.5mm headphone jack, the plug does not sit flush into the jack. This allows the plug to easily rotate, causing sound to go in and out on my unit.

Can someone please test this on their vibrant. Plug in your headphones that came with the unit, does yours sit flush? Turn on avatar or make a phone call, and turn the headphone plug, does your sound cut in and out?

This may be a major problem for me, I don't like using bluetooth, I prefer headphones in the car, but if I move my face, and this causes the phone plug to even slightly turn in the jack, I lose sound.

Can someone verify if your unit does the same thing?

UPDATE:
    NEVERMIND! I guess I wasn't using enough force, if your plug sticks out, push it in really hard, it will then go all the way down, and it wont rotate, and the sound won't cut in and out!!

Advertisement
    SquareBare likes this.
  2. SquareBare

SquareBare Active Member

Thanks a lot, I was afraid of pushing on it too hard. That is one tight little headphone jack... Time to take its virginity, brb.

3. galaxysuzer

galaxysuzer New Member

I have the same problem as well. I also can't get stereo sound when I feed the cable into my car stereo. I actually thought it was a particular problem with my phone so I exchanged it today only to learn the new one has the same problem. This is a big issue to me as I like to stream pandora and slacker a lot through my headphones and into my car stereo. Does anyone know a fix?

4. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

5. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You have to push it in harder. You will think it wont go down any further, but apply more pressure, and boom, it goes down 1 more notch and basically gives you a tight tight fit!

I was about to return my phone, thank god I pushed harder on it. I was already applying tones of force, needed even more force! I like this tight fit!!!

6. TechTalkWithJabari

TechTalkWithJabari New Member

Well, today I was fed up with not giving my headset a chance. I noticed that every time I did want to plug the headset in, the audio did go in and out. But all that was because there wasn't a 100% connection to the jack. "Just add a bit more pressure" and you should be okay. It works 100% now and thanks for all the great help.
    (I just signed up)