3.5 MM / MP3 listening problem.General

Last Updated:

1. JUNGI

JUNGI Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I listen to MP3's with headphones quite often while @ the golf range about 2-3 times a week. I just plug in a random non OEM 3.5 MM earbud headphones (like the white apple one lol :eek:), but sometimes more often than not the eris goes buggy and starts fast forwarding through songs / skipping songs / playing at a faster rate. It seems to this when you press or slightly wiggle the 3.5 MM jack on top, so when it's in my pocket i 'accidently' hit it sometimes. Now i dont know if touching the jack is why it's doing this but that is just theory/conclusion. Does anyone get this problem (people who use headphones while playing sports or having the phone in their pockets?) and/or does anyone know why it happens or how to fix it?

- Oh and another question i have is an accessory question but ill go ahead and ask it here to kill two birds with one stone. Can anyone suggest a good OEM earbud headphone for the Eris? I saw some that aren't actualy 3.5 MM jacks but plug into the Mini-USB port on the bottom, I wonder what kind of headphones came with some people's eris'.

Thanks again.

Advertisement
  2. estCoast

estCoast Active Member

Mess around on dealextreme.com You should find all sorts of earphones for almost nothing.

3. karib

karib Well-Known Member

Your Eris is probably rejecting the apple headphones :D

4. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

There have been other threads where people mention "cheap" headphones make the media player act all goofy

5. JUNGI

hrmm where can i find these threads? i've tried searching here, are you referring to other forums?

6. bpk116

bpk116 Active Member

It could be the headphones but I use my old headphones that came with my ipod nano 2g years ago at the driving range every week and they work fine for me. One thing I have noticed is that the capacitive touch screen will register contact through fabric. I first noticed it cutting grass while listening with the eris in my pocket. Even using bluetooh headset if I put the phone in my pocket it will dial or end call when I move around. Now I use the clamshell holster combo and although I dont like it on my hip while hitting I just put the whole thing in my pocket and no problems.

7. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

8. JUNGI

ahh i see that it is a common issue, thank you again for letting me know. =), in the process of deciding / finding a good stereo bt headset or good earbud headphones.

9. ///Nick

///Nick Member

Apple, BlackBerry or LG. I like iPod headphones the best. They fit and sound great.

10. hogjowlz

hogjowlz Active Member

stereo bluetooth is the way to go. im on my 2nd pair now and the new ones are awesome. 50 bucks at bestbuy. works great for calls to.

11. JUNGI

which one do you use?

12. BigDaddyFromCincinnati

BigDaddyFromCincinnati Well-Known Member

The best ear-buds I have ever used for the $ are VMODA bass buds. You can get them for like $15 on Ebay.
    Well worth the $ !!!!!!!

13. nathancipher

nathancipher Member

Mere speculation here but is the Eris maybe set up to accept MMC style transport controls through the headphone jack? Maybe there's a way to disable this functionality if so.

14. Jezi_Buckz

Jezi_Buckz Well-Known Member

I have had this same issue, I'm not sure because it recently started doing it. Has anyone found a fix somewhere or talked to someone at Verizon or HTC about this?

15. sts7049

sts7049 Member

i had this issue when plugging an aux cable into my phone to listen to pandora in the car. when i laid the phone on the passenger seat, weird things would happen and all the sudden pandora would tell me i'd tried to skip too many songs in a row. it even happened when the phone screen was locked.

i ended up buying a higher quality aux cable off monoprice, and that solved the problem for me.

i suspect higher quality (with better shielded cable??) might solve your problem.

16. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

I use a Motorola headset that I got for 15 bucks at Verizon. I love it. Never had a problem with skipping or anything.

17. Hi..[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]When i try to listen the Mp3 files, i hear the music for a few secs, after that it "disappears" and after few secs i hear it again. This continues trough the whole piece. Do anyone of you know why this happens? When playing downloaded music, there are no problems. Can anyone help?[/FONT]

18. Grinshan

Grinshan Guest

Hello Elmo!

Have you tried a different set of headphones? Sometimes they present a problem that you think might be with the player.

19. aaraaf

aaraaf Member

Hey Elmo!

I get that pause / stutter if the phone is streaming through bluetooth and I have message indicators in the top bar.

If I clear them, it goes away.

20. Nowell Lewin

Nowell Lewin New Member

You first read out the message and close the application properly and it is common phenomenon. after a short period time of using it, maybe it will be good or If then the problem is still exist, you have to change another bluetooth headset.

21. amosshute

amosshute New Member

Even i face the same problem. Good that I have come across your forum. I am sure i will get some help.

22. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

You might as well invest in either Blackberry or iPhone headphones/earbuds. You'll gain stop/start control from the set aand get hands free as well.

23. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Wow, i have this exact problem. When hooked up in my car pandora automatically skips 6 songs and it seems to take a long time to go to the next song. Also, the audio keeps coming in and out, the cable seems to be very sensitive with the phone and it keeps cutting in an out. It used to work flawlessly on my old zune, not sure if its the Eris or what. I use regular Sony 3.5mm headphones at work and the phone works fine.

Guess i need to get a better quality cable like you suggested.