• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3.5mm headset items that WORK

The 3.5mm jack for iPhones is different to most other brands of phones. As a result, headsets for iPhones, do not work on my android phone. Something about the wiring is not the same.

Anyway, I bought the following three items:
#1 iPhone Headset to 3.5mm PC Laptop Mic Speaker Adapter | eBay
#2 3.5mm Mic Speaker Splitter to iPhone Headset Adapter | eBay
#3 3.5mm F to 3.5mm Right Angle | eBay

They all don't work for my HTC android phone + it's stock headset.
So If I plug my PC headset into item #2, and plug it into the phone, it doesn't work properly.
Or if I plug my stock HTC headset into item #3, and then plug it into my phone, the mic doesn't work properly.

etc.

So basically, I want to the version of those three items that work with android phones.

I'm hoping someone else with an android phone may have used one of these, so you can either tell me where you bought yours from, or sell me one. (Regarding item #3, I need a few things like this. Any kind of 3.5mm headset extension cable, or adapter, as long as it'll WORK).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones