3.5mm jack Drains Battery?Support

Last Updated:

1. Bunniu

Bunniu New Member This Topic's Starter

So i just got my droidx yesterday, fully charged, configured the alarm before i went to bed, and plugged the externally powered speakers above my bed into the droid.

Wake-up, no alarm, phones battery is dead. :confused:

Today, ive applied the power settings under the tips and tricks here. But really? Whole battery in under 12 hours from just merely having the 3.5mm jack plugged in?

Advertisement
  2. dennygreen

dennygreen Well-Known Member

I doubt its just from having the headphones plugged in. I have headphones plugged in for 8+ hours a day and I still have between 50 and 70% left when I get off of work. Right now its 10:45 and im at 40% even though I've used it a bunch since I got home. It is sort of frustrating that changing a few settings here and there can destroy your battery life though. Even after having mine for a couple months I had unusually bad battery life yesterday apparently because I changed some stuff in doggcatcher that I really didn't think would make much if a difference. Changed them back and im back to normal. Also the battery will get alot better after the first few charges.