• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3.5mm to 2.5mm converter question

gregg098

Dec 2, 2009
I have a wired headset that I would like to use with my Droid, but it has a 2.5mm connector. If I buy a converter, should I buy one with the 4 bars on the connector or 3? I know thats not the proper term, but Im not sure what the segments on the connectors are called.

"Should", remember what your Dad told you about that whole idea?

Yeah, well something else I almost mentioned above is the "detent". Sometimes the plug may not be fully inserted when you feel a false "detent", sometimes you can push the plug in "too far" also. Those factors are less noticeable with fewer segments on the plug shaft.

I'm glad you were able to try them both out fairly soon and easily. Buying things online will never replace going to places where you can see, touch, and try stuff out.

Upvote 0
teleph625sm.gif

minijack4pin.gif

1 Tip Left audio 2 Ring Right audio 3 Ring Common/Ground 4 Sleeve Microphone

Handbook of hardware pinouts, cables schemes and connectors layouts @ pinouts.ru

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones