3.70.651.1 Install ProblemsSupport

1. KR3UZL3R

KR3UZL3R New Member

I know this has probably been asked 1000 times but i need help on this one

Everytime i try to update i get a little android man and an exclamation point !!
    I have tried to update through recovery too and it gives me the same thing
    Any ideas ?

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

What phone do you have?
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

That's the Evo's latest firmware number, so I've moved this to Evo Support and Troubleshooting.

I can't recall the fix offhand, sorry, but someone here will know.
  4. KR3UZL3R

KR3UZL3R New Member

ok thanks im new to the site so i dont exactly know where everything is
    and as for the problem any suggestions ?
  5. EarlyMon

Welcome to AF! You may be new here but I take your familiarly with recovery to mean you're familiar with Android.

So, sorry if this sounds too simple, but I like to start with basics - are you sure of the file integrity, and that there's not an extra .zip at the end of the file name?
  6. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

How are you trying to update? Are you just trying to accept the official OTA update? Is your phone rooted? What is your current SW version?
  7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

are you rooted? and trying to install the sprint OverTheAir update through your phone?

If so that is not advised, and typically ends up giving that type of error.

If this is the case you need to flash something like this. [ROM] RUU SuperSonic EvO 3.70.651.1 OTA - Stock - Sense - Deodexed & Odexed Version - xda-developers
    I am having a hard time finding one that isn't an RUU...which will wipe everything and start from scratch. You also will need to update your radios.

remember you may or may not loose everything..so make a nandroid of course...and make a backup of everything with titanium back up.

If your phone is stock...where did you get the file from that you are trying to flash etc...give me a few more details.

You can use an RUU if you are stock (honestly the best way) but it does wipe everything. Do not use an RUU if you are rooted.
  8. EarlyMon

Mr. Ed likes this.
  9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

^there we go..that is the one I was looking for