3 All you can eat

Last Updated: 2012-03-13 14:17:36
  1. tenchy

tenchy Well-Known Member

On the cusp of getting a Nexus with 3, on an all you can eat plan.

I notice the T&C say the all you can eat only applies to the SIM in the contract phone.

What happens if 6 months into a 24 month contract you accidentally total the phone, anyone know?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

tenchy likes this.
  3. tenchy

tenchy Well-Known Member

thanks. I didn't notice the 3 sub section sorry.
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Nah.. you can post anywhere you want to. :) We just move stuff around sometimes to try to get maximum exposure to members who might know the answers to the question.

Did that blog provide the info you needed?
  5. tenchy

tenchy Well-Known Member

No probs. I mod elsewhere, so I do try and post in the right place! Bit embarrassing if I don't :)

I think some was blocked where I was accessing before.
    I did see that page before, but couldn't seem to find the answer.
  6. Markg

Markg Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that they are referring to tethering. The One Plan from Three has unlimited data including tethering, but the All You Can Eat data plans don't include tethering so they say that the AYCE data only applies to the sim in the phone. Could be wrong but that's my gut feeling.
  7. tenchy

tenchy Well-Known Member

I asked in the shop, and they said I could use the SIM in another phone, but not in a dongle.
  8. CDPlant

CDPlant Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you put the Sim in anything other than a phone they will suspend your Sim card (not sure how long for) to stop you using it as mobile broadband for your computer.
  9. LionelGrant

LionelGrant Member

If you have a problem with the phone, 3 might well be able to sort out getting it fixed for you.

Three have pretty complicated plans to be honest. You can have unlimted data on various plans, some allow tethering some don't. Anything on The One Plan will allow tethering and you should be able to move the SIM between phones.