3 big bugs with my phone I hope they fix.General

Last Updated:

1. Richard371

Richard371 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1) With wifi on push email doesn't always push. I can get it manualy and surf the web etc fine. I have great wifi reception. Solution is to not use wifi for now.

2) Voice quality is horrible. Sometimes words will garble. Sometimes it sounds fine so I am leaning toward software or a design flaw. Since it sounds ok sometimes I am not sure it is a hardware issue with this phone.

3) The buggy signal indicator. I have about -72 db at home but it bounces around a lot.

If they can fix these 3 big bugs I think it will be a pretty flawless phone. The touchscreen is better then the Nexus, No lag like the Nexus. I love the HTC sense.

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

As a VoIP engineer, to me, issues 2 and 3 seem related, and indicate a poor signal. This from someone who also made an antenna mod for the Droid, which had better signal numbers than what the Incredible is generating.

3. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I highly doubt it is the signal.

In my house, out of an att iphone, att nokia, tmobile blackberry - my verizon droid incredible is the only one that gets reception in the basement.

4. colnago

How is "garbled audio" not a symptom of a poor connection? The OP specifically states that the value "bounces around". QoS standards were developed to deal with this specific issue, as it relates to one's connection.

In my mom's house, T-Mobile and Verizon (multiple phones) get little to no reception, where I can get AT&T signal with full bars, using a Moto Q. I can not say the same about the iPhone. Carrier signal strength in any given area is relative/arbitrary. Especially when you factor in the device.

5. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

6. colnago

FWIW, the HTC TP2 also exhibited "fluctuating signal bar levels", simply by picking it up off the cradle, inside the AT&T stores(s). Given that the Incredible had worse dBm numbers, than the Droids right next to it, in the same Verizon store, personally, I think any reception issues are on the HTC side. Especially seeing how AT&T utilize different technlogies.

FWIW, my antenna mod helped my DROID:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...rough-3g-1x-switching.html?highlight=homemade

...however if you wish to attempt with your Incredible, BE CAREFUL.