• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3-day rule to return a car purchase???

dan330

Extreme Android User
Jan 22, 2010
hi guys..
any car sales men here?

i remember there was a rule about... a 3 day grace period.. where a client can back out of a used / new car purchase.

is that true? and what are the conditions?

10 yrs ago.. i told a friend about that rumor.. and she was able to return a car that was way over her head.

thanks,

I agree with some gathered here, check the laws in your state.

What always bothered me were the "As Is" rules. Dealers sell the vehicle as it is with no real warranty and I have encountered a few dealers that use the warranty as a way to pass off bad crap to clueless buyers.

I do think the dealer must take a car back if he lies to you about the condition. But because dealers never lie or stretch the truth, it is always your fault. Especially since you could not be bothered to put the car on the rack and you actually believed that all of that white smoke pouring out from under the hood is special effects, and not a bad head gasket or coolant leak.

Fortunately, I sorta kinda know what to look for when I buy a car. I love only the old crap. That said, you really need to take the car to a mechanic or take a mechanic with you before you sign on the line.

Some sales people might not tell you about that crack in the transfer case or some other problem. And a three year old, $8,000.00 car can be far more costly than a $17,000.00 car of the same year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones