1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

3-g or wifi phone

1. gotdmw

gotdmw Well-Known Member

is there a app out there that i can use that wont use my minutes?

Advertisement
  2. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

3. gotdmw

gotdmw Well-Known Member

does this use minutes?
  4. JediJesus

I dont believe so.
  5. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Fring has a nasty interface, try Nimbuzz it works with Skype (and loads more IM protocols).
  6. gotdmw

gotdmw Well-Known Member

i cant figure out how to input #s for skype on nimbuzz and u cant add all your contacts from the phone like fring that i could see

is there a all in one? i just want to use skype nothin else and be able to dial #s into it?
  7. JediJesus

Skype will be releasing an official app soon. And it will work over wifi and 3g and it wont use any minutes.
  8. gotdmw

gotdmw Well-Known Member

yeah it despratly needs it
  9. gotdmw

gotdmw Well-Known Member

anything else out there?
  10. chiefvelo

chiefvelo Well-Known Member

why don't you just by the unlimited minute plan and not worry about it? or do you call internationally?
    Make sure you are on a plan with the unlimited friends circle and call into a Google voice account to route out going calls. (add the google voice number to your circle)
  11. gotdmw

gotdmw Well-Known Member

yeah i added a number in my friend
  12. Iforgit

Iforgit Well-Known Member

Check out Sipdroid app. You also need a calling account like skype or an easy one I used i Sipgate. Here is an awesome blog that tells you exactly how to set it up extraneous: Sipdroid + GV = GUAVA = Free Calls and Messaging to USA and Canada --won't work on samsung moment.

To the above poster "why not just get unlimited" I get spotty service in my girlfriends house, so this would be nice. Also you can take this anywhere in the world and with a hotspot make calls.