• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] 3 minute framework - I9505 deodexed only ;-)

But I never use a computer or tapatalk, I'm only ever browsing on my phone via chrome (nice we rhyme ;-) )

However I changed to title, though thankfully we only have one dynomot :p

:D:D:D I was missed ? :p

All these frameworks, versions, deodexed, odexed ROMS, flashing a recovery, it's too much for a middle aged guy like me who's 44 on Thursday. Gawd I remember the height of technology was watching a 48k (yes K not M or G) ZX spectrum game taking 41/2 minutes to load from an audio cassette. Nowadays six versions of the same ROM have been released in that time !

Upvote 0
:D:D:D I was missed ? :p

All these frameworks, versions, deodexed, odexed ROMS, flashing a recovery, it's too much for a middle aged guy like me who's 44 on Thursday. Gawd I remember the height of technology was watching a 48k (yes K not M or G) ZX spectrum game taking 41/2 minutes to load from an audio cassette. Nowadays six versions of the same ROM have been released in that time !

Don't put yourself down, your not that old compared to great uncle ironass

Upvote 0
Don't put yourself down, your not that old compared to great uncle ironass

I dunno about that Syd. After relieving my mother in law from my nine and four year old after nine hours at work, doing tea, putting them to bed and cleaning up after so the missus can come home to a clean and tidy house I sometimes feel 104 !

Right back on topic. I did a dirty flash on top of my odexed but rooted Vodafone stock firmware. I flashed DjeMBeY's latest release :

I9505XXUBMH1-PRE-ROOTED-ODEX-FULL with Odin (the Odin md5 one I had to extract)

Flashed Philz CWM recovery using Odin. Then Flashed this from the same section of DjeMBey's XDA thread via CWM :

I9505_DEODEXED_XXUBMH1_Framework_Apps_Slim_CWM.zip

Rebooted fine, email app FCed. Cleared its data and resetup. All fine and dandy, but nothing has gone (in the way of bloat ware) which is fine for me, but it is not right is it ? Probably because of my dirty flash.

I've left it here before I flash the 3minit framework for MH1 and (probably) bork my SGS4 again. I must add it is not Ironass' fault I'm confused it's DjeMBey's thread on XDA, not his fault really, most people get it, but not me.

Upvote 0
Is it time to flash pre rooted MH8 and report back. Saying goodbye friendly open bootloader and hello to Knox? No it is not, and unless KitKat appears deodexed, pre rooted and is a major improvement on JB I will not. I feel hamstrung.

If it makes you feel any better, my ipad and the missus iPhone have just been upgraded with ios7. Looks terrible and buggy as hell. Car crash of a release by Apple.....

Upvote 0
For any of you like myself who are still keeping well away from al the Samsung bootloader/Knox furore, 3.5.1 is now available for MGA.

OK... own up! Which one of you has been poking Hawker awake with a stick?

I'm guessing that that MGA framework will also be compatible with MH1 firmware. Will let you know.

UPDATE

Working great on MH1.

Reactions: Sydney99
Upvote 0
3Minit framework for MJ5 is imminent...

"Hi guys thanks for all your kind words. I am back now and working on 4.3 its gonna be better than ever.

If you want it in the mean time here is extended restart menu for MJ5 4.3.

A release will follow asap.
"

Source

Great news this.
Wanam xposed is great but I'm a 3-minit man.....at last that what the missus tells me!

Upvote 0
3Minit for 4.3 (MK8) is now out.
I'm on MKE and its working fine for me, so it should be working on all variants with this changelist number (MK8/9/E/F).

Its not got all the features yet, as its still being worked on, but its pretty extensive.

Tip: Download the app from playstore, and not the download site.

I go away for a few days and it all kicks off! How would you compare this version to Wanam? Did you flash the 3Minit framework over the Xposed one. This was OK on 4.2.2? Just being a lazy toad!

Upvote 0
I would stick to wanam over this version currently.
The recent apps problem is an annoying one for me.

I flashed initially after disabling the wanam module, but the two happily sit on the device together, However, which one takes priority over what is a mystery to me....usually 3minit seems to do the work, but for some things wanam seems to control it. The reason I kept wanam on was for the tweaks to the stock messaging.

Until more features and bug fixes turn up, I'll be sticking with wanam for the time being.

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones