3 Network?General

Last Updated:

1. Idj

Idj New Member This Topic's Starter

I am very interested in this phone but does anyone know if the HTC Desire Z works on the 3 Network?
    A few places I've wanted to buy it from give a list of working sims and 3 isn't listed on them.

Would like to know if this is an issue or have they just overlooked 3?

Advertisement
  2. disconfigured

disconfigured Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it isn't being sold on 3. You can always buy the phone unlocked and sim free and then get the sim only plan with 3.. i'm sure it would work with 3, why wouldn't it? :S

Thing is, I was with 3 up until a few days ago when I had to terminate my contract. They've stopped their roaming deal with Orange (If you were in an area whereby you didn't get 3 signal but could get Orange, you used the Orange signal instead) so in my area I couldn't get signal with 3.. at all.
    Just make sure you check both instore and online as to whether in your postcode you can get signal (Y) If not, I'm pretty sure Orange and T-Mobile have good networks now, pretty wide. Orange is also now with T-Mobile so when you can't get Orange signal you can sign up to get T-Mobile signal :)

3. Idj

Idj New Member This Topic's Starter

Ah ok thanks, I just saw it being sold with "Available Networks" All but 3,
    Thanks for the Info, I'm on 3 at the moment and just wanted to transfer my sim over to the new phone.

4. MistralNight

MistralNight New Member

I have an unbranded Desire Z on 3 Sim-only and it works just fine.

5. Xuthus

Xuthus Well-Known Member

Do you have the 3 to 3 free minutes and if so does it take advantage of them?

6. ddtftw

ddtftw Active Member

I got my Desire Z from Expansys sim free. I had terrible reception with Orange, and got a sim with 3 instead. I have perfect HSDPA signal within buildings and im only paying

7. Strange_Visitor

Strange_Visitor Member

3UK still have an agreement with Orange to provide the 2G signal, but only in areas where it believes it's own 3G signal is weak or non-existent.

So in major cities you would expect to only pick up 3's 3G, out in the country there'll still be access to Orange's 2G service.

This decision really only affects users who have a non-3G capable phone which aren't sold or supported by 3 anyway, so they're well within their rights to cut these folk off.

SV

8. WigglesGRN

WigglesGRN Well-Known Member

I was on 3 for 4 years and had rubbish 3g service on London (enfield) to be exact. Moved to orange and so much happier