3 Observations About The Battery Life Pandemic!

Last Updated:

1. Hrshycro

Hrshycro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so I've been reading these forums for over a week now, ever since I got my EVO. I started off with poor battery life, applied all the tweaks I could find and now have fairly good battery life and am pleasantly happy with the phone, besides the speaker buzz and off-center front camera, and the touch screen seems to not be grounded well.

However, I've noticed a lot of similarities with this battery pandemic.

1: Some people (about half) seem to have great battery life right out of the noodle carton and to put it bluntly, bitch at all the people who weren't so lucky.

2: The other half of the people received poor battery life right from the start, but within a few days and some tweaks, their battery life has gotten better (like mine). However, there are still a few people who can't get over 5 hours out of a charge to matter what they do; I know 7 people with EVOs, and one of them is this.

3: All the tweaks (working or not working for all, some or no people) are scattered throughout pages and pages of threads, posts, ect. It's really hard to actually track down all the tweaks and where people bought the phones, which battery they have, which battery cover they have, ect.

If anything, we need a few good polls to actually figure out where some of the issues might be coming from, may it be the store you bought it from, the battery (gold or no gold edging), the battery cover being different, ect.

It's easy to add stuff to the Wikipedia page here, polls might help, too, as well as anything else you can come up with. I know over on the slickdeal.net forums they have an embedded wiki in every forum thread and it works wonders.

Advertisement