• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3 top phones report on wpix (ch11 in new york)

2009m6

Android Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2010
Verizon droid X on tv, joined by the Evo ad the ip4(live @ 8:47)

All touted as the best phone for their respective carrier. Host of show says he is getting them all, he cant choose. Personaly the X looks better on my hd screen. The evo looks nice but looks cheap...and the ip4 looks like a high quality beeper next to the other 2 :)

I really thought verizon would fill the airwaves this week with X commercials......i mean, launch is less than 7 days AWAY

Verizon isn't doing what they did with Motorola's original Droid because that was their first ever big Android phone. People were expecting a lot of commercials for their Incredible, but that didn't come along. Verizon will have some commercials from time to time but nothing heavy for the X. The Fascinate is also coming along. I think Verizon will wait for a really substantial phone... like one with 3.0 or something to do the big commercials. Right now, they're just doing their network more.

Upvote 0
Verizon isn't doing what they did with Motorola's original Droid because that was their first ever big Android phone. People were expecting a lot of commercials for their Incredible, but that didn't come along. Verizon will have some commercials from time to time but nothing heavy for the X. The Fascinate is also coming along. I think Verizon will wait for a really substantial phone... like one with 3.0 or something to do the big commercials. Right now, they're just doing their network more.

Not sure you're correct. We should start seeing the awesome ones that were leaked about a month ago on Droidlife from the script pages. They looked awesome!:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones