3 Vibrates no recoverySupport

1. dhays90

dhays90 Well-Known Member

My phone vibrates 3 times while trying to get into recover mode. Volume up plus Power. I have to take out my battery to boot up normal. My phone does nothing after the three vibrates. Could you guys help? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

That's because you're putting it in Qualcomm diagnostics. To boot into hboot you need to hold vol down and power.
  3. usn.mustanger

usn.mustanger Member

He didn't say he was trying to boot into hboot. He said he was trying to boot into recovery. Not the same thing, as I'm sure you're aware.
    I'm having the same issue. I used to be able to boot straight into recovery by holding down volume-up and power. Not anymore.
  4. wildrage

wildrage Member

I was having the same issue. It took a little playing around, but I think that I was holding volume down for too long. Play with the timing a little bit. Also, if you're using a case, it may actually be hitting the volume up through the case (I also had this problem with the Speck case).

I was just getting 3 or 4 vibrations, and the only way to get the phone to boot back up was to pull the battery and try again.
  5. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

And, as I'm sure you're aware, one must boot to HBOOT in order to select recovery once they have s-off.

public:forever [RootWiki]

6. Sheridani

Sheridani New Member

Hi, I have htc desire hd, yesterday night i switched my phone off and in morning when i switched it on, it vibrate 3 times and then blinking orange light continually with black screen and every time i have to put my battery out. but when i insert the power cable in then i see recovery mode screen for a while but i can use any option there after a few second again black screen. can any body tell me what i have to do to boot my mobile normally.
    i have rooted my phone a few weeks ago and after that phone was working good.