1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

3-Way Calls

1. anavrin0901

anavrin0901 Member

Am I missing something? How does one do a 3-Way all on a Droid?

I hit add a call and then once dialed there is a little button that says merge calls. I press that and then nothing. That little aforementioned button nows says manage calls.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. anavrin0901

anavrin0901 Member

No one knows how to do a 3-way call on the Droid?

:-(
  3. slick

slick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have the same problem. I've attempted 3-way calls about 5 times and I think I was successful once but I have no idea how I did it.
  4. anavrin0901

anavrin0901 Member

It's so frustrating! There is a button for it, but it does not work.
  5. anavrin0901

anavrin0901 Member

Guess what! Now it's working.
  6. famac!

famac! Well-Known Member

Really shitty implementation on the droid. With the number pad up, you cant merge calls as the virtual merge button will not work. You also have no idea who you are connected to when the button works as the phone gives no indication which of your parties is currently on!
  7. marvinrock

marvinrock Well-Known Member

I did exactly as the OP described in his first post and my 3-way call worked flawlessly. No issues whatsoever. Sorry you guys are having those issues.
  8. pf4711

pf4711 New Member

I've read various threads and apparently it does work for some people.

I have a motorola droid with the FRG01B build of Android 2.2, and I cannot make a 3 way call. Total BS!

I get one person on the line, hit add call, then dial a number and hit the send/green phone icon. I get a couple seconds of dial tone, then silence. I hit the manage calls button just because it's there, and I get a busy signal, can hit it again and get back to the original call. The phone pretends like it's connected to a second line and I can hit manage calls to get back to silence and/or the busy signal. I've tested this a bunch of different times and different ways and it simply won't work.

I called Verizon and they failed miserably and then transferred me to Motorola tech support. The motorola guy asked a few questions, then put me on hold, then hung up and never called back despite having taken down my mobile #.

Apparently this was a known issue for certain regions of the country: (see the 3 way calling section on the 4th page down)

News: OTA Droid Updates coming Dec 11th

If this was known and supposed to be fixed on Dec. 11, 2009, how is it possible that it does not work with Android 2.2? I FEEL LIKE I"M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!! AHHHH!!!

I am in Colorado and read someone else in Denver was complaining about the same problem. Must be one of the unlucky "certain regions."
  9. famac!

famac! Well-Known Member

Someone really needs to be slapped at the Android HQ. I excitedly read through a manual for Froyo and i thought they had fixed this issue. I just tried it now and it is still as shitty as before. You still have NO IDEA who you are actually talking to when you hit the manage calls button. Really disappointed!