3 weeks of ownership, WOW

Last Updated:

1. StillHacking

StillHacking Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well it has been 3 weeks for me and the Droid X and what can I say. This is a great phone and I feel sorry for those locked into the highly vaulted Iphone4.
    I have it rooted at 2.1 (I don

Advertisement
    SirKronan, sund0wn and Foxgguy2001 like this.
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

great review. and, how exciting that you've only scratched the surface, right?!

3. racinwarrior

racinwarrior Well-Known Member

what part of pittsburgh are you from man? im from greensburg.

4. deadinside

deadinside Well-Known Member

I totally hear you on that. The moment i setup the social networks on this, i got the tweet announcing the life cycle of this phone. This is a real awesome phone and i have not.even had it for 24hours. It is better than my previous android phone.

5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Youins goin to dat Steelers game?
    Said in my best Pittsburghese.

Born in the burgh.

6. dblack9

dblack9 Well-Known Member

love this phone. ive had mine for about 3 weeks and i'll just flick the home screens.
    love this phone.

7. StillHacking

I'm in the North Hills and yes everyone in the Burgh, (yes there is an H) is by default a Stillers fan. For me not so much unless I'm with friends hurling insults after bad plays.
    This phone with proper care will suit my needs for longer than the trusty LG. I punished the Voyager for over 2.5 years and its best feature for me was the free tether and unlimited data for $15/month. Free email was good too but the phone was neutered by the browser and lack of handling email attachments. I did not abuse these tweaks and Fios at home is just great even though I'm on the least expensive tier in the internet packages offered.
    I am NOT excited for the LTE program on the horizon. At over $50/month for the greater speed it is just too much for me. It will be interesting to see if the price comes down and what the new devices have to offer. By the time it’s fully implemented I'll either be laid off again or retired. Maybe I'll buy an old boat and dock it in Sarasota bay and continue to use my "antique" DX tethered to a laptop for my entertainment center. And I'm not talking about p*rn here...
    Hey we all need something to look forward to, and dreams change too. Thanks for your comments.
    SH

8. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

SH, the current LTE pricing is for data cards, not for phones. I'm sure you will see a tiered data package for phones come along with LTE which will offer options for under $50/month.

Glad you're enjoying the phone, though.

9. StillHacking

Good to know, thanks binary...