30-Day WindowGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Losloseeboy88

Losloseeboy88 New Member This Topic's Starter

This post is in regards to the 30-day worry free guarantee, which I hope to use to snag the Incredible.

First off, I originally upgraded to a Palm Pre Plus on April 7th. While the device is pretty slick, the keyboard is absolutely atrocious. After 10 days with the phone, the constant double-typing of letters and overall lag has driven me bat shit crazy. In addition, the hardware (screen, especially) feels like it was made by Fisher Price.

With that said, I'm looking to exchange the Palm Pre Plus for the Incredible. I spoke to a few different VZW reps today over the phone and both gave conflicting information.

So, here are my main two questions:

1) Is it possible to pre-order the Incredible through the 30-day exchange process? I was told the pre-order was an online exclusive, which would leave me up shit's creek.

2) If a pre-order is not possible, would I be able to trade the phone in at the store on April 29 and slink away with the Incredible? One rep told me this in-store transaction would work — even though the Palm Pre Plus was purchased online. From what I've heard, it's impossible to return online-purchased devices in a store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You have a very resourceful community over here.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jrenewill

jrenewill Well-Known Member

Do you have an older phone that you quit using to get the Palm?

I was in the same situation--I had a blackberry curve and had just signed a new 2 year contract to get the Droid. 2 days after having it, and being frustrated with the constant accidental hangups, I found out about the Incredible. I went in and talked to the VZW reps.

To avoid paying a $35 restocking fee, which is what you will do if you go back in and trade, take your Palm back now. They will revert your contract back to what it was before. Use your old phone. Pre order tomorrow online, or wait and go back into the store on the 29th. Hope that helps.

3. Losloseeboy88

Losloseeboy88 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks.

I'll stop in tomorrow to see what can be done.

Though it won't be fun going back to the cutting edge technology of my Samsung Intensity

4. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member