$30 gift card to verizon...what do i get?

Last Updated:

1. Jason8

Jason8 Member This Topic's Starter

So I asked for a multimedia dock for xmas, parents couldn't find one so I got a $30 gift card instead. Originally I was deadset on getting a multimedia dock but after seeing how easy it is to make my own (I'm thinking of an iHome manipulation) I'm beginning to wonder about a protective case. I don't have insurance and I'm growing increasingly worried about the safety of my phone. I don't want to make the phone too bulky but...

Thoughts on the multimedia dock in general? How about protective cases? How much protection would a case really offer anyway?

Advertisement
  2. square

square Well-Known Member

sell it on ebay and get a seidio case.

3. red33sox24

red33sox24 Member

you are 100% nuts for not paying the $6 a month for insurance..

4. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

I don't have insurance....yea i'm crazy but I figure they add so many loopholes to it they'd never honor it.

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I vote get the MM Dock OR pay for 5 months insurance ;)

6. soulesschild

soulesschild Well-Known Member

MM dock + get the insurance. There's no loop holes or anything. I've used it before to replace a Storm and it went through just fine. Next day shipping as well. And the replacement they sent me was new, had an issue, called them, sent ANOTHER replacement by next day air.

7. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

Yea insurance is a MUST. Also I vote that you get the motorokr t505 if you're a driver. Its great for handsfree calling and listening to podcasts/music from pandora, iheartradio, etc. Its basically like satellite radio in your car!!

8. shark1987

shark1987 Member

Yea gotta go with insurance as well. I just got on verizon but sprint uses the same company for insurance and its pretty awesome, i replaced my winmo phones atleast like 5 times in the past 2 years, twice getting upgrades, its very worth it!

9. scutzi128

scutzi128 Well-Known Member

I got the MM dock about a week ago and I gotta say I love it so far. It has pretty much replaced my alarm clock.

10. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member

this requires an AUX input correct? hate it that i can't hook up anything (like an ipod) to my car stereo ;\

11. kraze0g

1.) The MM Dock is that thing they have at verizon that the phone sits on correct? I thought that looked very cool because it turned into a full fledged alarm alarm clock looking thing.. does this also charge the battery while its sitting there? Are there other docks more attractive or something? i'd rather have it in a dock than just sitting on my desk. Would people recommend this from verizon?

2.) I DO want something however that will charge an extra battery seperately, im not sure if ill find it though. if you know what im thinking of plz let me know where i can find it.

12. Taina51

Taina51 New Member

I got a MM for Xmas and like it very much. Besides being a secured place to charge the phone, you could also listen to music with a timer, or see what the temperature is outside. The only thing is that even with the dimmer on, is a little bright.

13. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Enter your location

Enter your location

14. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

15. square

square Well-Known Member

16. kraze0g