Tips 30 pin Apple connector to usb available?

1. Captain Sexy

Captain Sexy Well-Known Member

I did a search and found a few solutions but they are bulky or no longer available. But anyway, i'm trying to see if anybody has made a 30 pin to usb adaptor. Basically I want to connect my S3 to my current I home devices. I still have my apple stuff so being able to do both would be really nice.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement
  2. lvgdgts

lvgdgts Member

I'm with you on this. Seems like an untapped market. I hope someone has a suggestion.
  3. grunt0300

grunt0300 Well-Known Member

Try NewEgg. They should have what you're looking for.:)
  4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Even if you find such a connector, it will not work like you want it to. Your iHome devices will only work with other iDevices.

Once you invest your money into iDevices, you are done.
  5. Captain Sexy

I did, while they have tons of Ihome stuff, nothing like what I'm looking for.
  6. Captain Sexy

I don't see why not, the connector would charge the phone, you could have a small head phone cable maybe 4" to connect to the headphone port to the connector and the phone would stand on top and should play like that.

I've seen other setups like this but the cable is like 3 feet long, and who wants cables running all over.
  7. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

With additional cables for audio it will, of course. What is the point then.
  8. Captain Sexy

Well I was thinking.

1. To utialize the device I already have without the need to buy another
    2. Should be a $10 cable so I save $90 by not having to buy an additional device.
    3. The basic idea I have in mind is a much cleaner look than what I've seen on market.
    4. Other than that no point.
  9. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

Amazon has the adapters. Just search for Apple to micro USB and take your pick. Or reverse the order to get the other kind.
    Good luck!
  10. Captain Sexy

11. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

Right on. That's why I don't buy proprietary equipment to go with phones/music players/tablets. If its not standards based, its not getting purchased!