• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 32 GB micro sd card

davidhk129

Jan 5, 2014
Hi, I have a new Lenovo IdeaTab A2109A.
I upgraded it from 4.0 ICS to 4.1 Jelly Bean.
It has 16GB storage capacity and I inserted a 32GB micro sd card. My intention is to move all my installed apps from internal storage to my 32GB sd card.
Problem is, I cannot find a way to do that.
I can see Uninstall, Clear Data and Clear Cache, but no Move to SD card option.
I read an article about formating the sd card by unmounting and then format the sd card.
But, there is no Format option after I " Unmount" the sd card.

Need your help please.

After you unmount the card, there's no option to do anything to the card because it's internally disconnected. Remove the card. Turn the phone off. Put the card back in. Boot into recovery (check the manual or the forum for which buttons to press - I don't have a Lenovo so I can't tell you). There's a "format" option in recovery (or should be). Format the card. Reboot and you should be able to move some apps to the card. (Not all apps can be moved.)

Upvote 0
After you unmount the card, there's no option to do anything to the card because it's internally disconnected. Remove the card. Turn the phone off. Put the card back in. Boot into recovery (check the manual or the forum for which buttons to press - I don't have a Lenovo so I can't tell you). There's a "format" option in recovery (or should be). Format the card. Reboot and you should be able to move some apps to the card. (Not all apps can be moved.)

I went ahead and followed your instructions.
Unmount the card > turn off tablet > remount the card > press Volume Up + Power at the same time until I saw a image of an android> I had to stop because I didn't see Recovery option. What I saw on the screen were :
Reboot system now
Apply update from External storage
Apply update from ADB
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition

Which one should I choose ? The 2nd one ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones