• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

32 GB N7 on the way?

wtherrell

Android Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2010
Just heard a rumor that maybe this is happening as the 16 GB version is being phased out. Hmm--maybe I'll see one under the tree this Christmas. (Of course I hope it will be a used one by then---by me. ) Maybe could do w/o SD card & be happy about it if this is true. :D

IF they come out with a 32gb version and IF it costs the same as the 16gb version then I will be annoyed. It would be like I got screwed out of and additional 16gb.

I've found that I can work with 16gb but could easily use the full 32gb. Right now I have very little music installed (relative to my GNex) and only 2 movies and I'm pretty full. I don't buy into streaming since I'm not always near a wifi connection.

Maybe Google will allow 16gb users to upgrade for free or for the cost of shipping? I totally made that up but dammit, I can dream!

Upvote 0
IF they come out with a 32gb version and IF it costs the same as the 16gb version then I will be annoyed. It would be like I got screwed out of and additional 16gb.

I've found that I can work with 16gb but could easily use the full 32gb. Right now I have very little music installed (relative to my GNex) and only 2 movies and I'm pretty full. I don't buy into streaming since I'm not always near a wifi connection.

Maybe Google will allow 16gb users to upgrade for free or for the cost of shipping? I totally made that up but dammit, I can dream!

I wouldn't be annoyed. The phone I have today is much better than the phone I had a year ago and they were the same price. It happens. Technology marches on. Right now I'm running a LAMP server (minus Apache for now) on my Nexus 7, with a Drupal website. Works pretty slick. Still working on OpenSSL to get HTTPS security in place. Have to find a VPN service that will give me a static IP so I can domain this thing. If I find one, I'll post my N7 website. If I could find a micro-usb to ethernet (or HD) solution that would keep my N7 charged at the same time.....well, I'd be in trouble with the lady because I'd buy 10 of these things, alias the DNS and be a mini-Facebook factory, LOL. My Nexus 7 server/web farm. Sitting on a bookshelf......:D

I'm praying for a 32GB model N7 or one with ext_SD like my Rezound.

Upvote 0

Agreed. I would be annoyed, but not angry.

Doubtful, but a good idea. I hope Google will compensate the early adopters with a Play Store credit.

Although not the same, this reminds me of the Motorola Droid Razr being released and then a short time later releasing the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx. Just another annoyance I had seen.

Upvote 0
The rumor I heard was that the 32GB will replace the 16GB but the 8GB will remain. I don't understand why they would get rid of the 16 and not the 8, but that's the RUMOR.

Agreed.

I would think they would want to be more competitive with the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" which starts at $199 for 16 GB. In my experiences, 8 GBs is not enough space for content even with cloud services.

Upvote 0
The rumor I heard was that the 32GB will replace the 16GB but the 8GB will remain. I don't understand why they would get rid of the 16 and not the 8, but that's the RUMOR.

Rumors. I remember when the rumor was that Apple would send out invites on October 10th for a press briefing for the new iPad mini.

First of all, I think, this link confirms the rumor of a pending 32GB Nexus: (oops, they don't allow a link in a "first post") but search on pdadb's web site for the device.

There are other websites that have the 32GB model number up on their listings of products but they leave out the details and list the item as "currently sold out."

Throw in the fact that you can't buy an 8GB Nexus 7 right now at Staples or Walmart and it leads me to believe that it's the 8GB that's going to follow the brontosaurus into the tarpit. Two-bits says the 16GB drops in price and the 32GB is brought in at about where the 16GB is priced right now. Welcome to the tablet wars with Google, Apple, and Microsoft about to get into a cat fight.

Now, for those of you that have the 16GB and are all in a tither about a pending 32GB model... welcome to the electronic world (c'mon guys, did you think the floppy disc was always going to be around? Were you upset when they brought out computers with CD slots capable of reading/burning?). I'll get all dithered up when Google brings out their spring line up with the Nexus 7 with the memory slot that'll take a 64GB card and there I'll be with my dumb ol' outdated 32GB Nexus 7. ;)

L

Upvote 0
I wouldn't be annoyed. The phone I have today is much better than the phone I had a year ago and they were the same price. It happens. Technology marches on. Right now I'm running a LAMP server (minus Apache for now) on my Nexus 7, with a Drupal website. Works pretty slick. Still working on OpenSSL to get HTTPS security in place. Have to find a VPN service that will give me a static IP so I can domain this thing. If I find one, I'll post my N7 website. If I could find a micro-usb to ethernet (or HD) solution that would keep my N7 charged at the same time.....well, I'd be in trouble with the lady because I'd buy 10 of these things, alias the DNS and be a mini-Facebook factory, LOL. My Nexus 7 server/web farm. Sitting on a bookshelf......:D

I'm praying for a 32GB model N7 or one with ext_SD like my Rezound.

That's hilarious! I could imagine it working okay though because of the specs on the Nexus 7. I should try that with mine and put WordPress on it so I wouldn't have to be glued to only one computer to work on my websites. Imagine scaling a whole bunch of Nexus 7's!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones