1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

32 gb sd card only have 11.5 gb available - how come?Support

1. chesterr

chesterr Member

I just formatted the sd card via the phone - and still, it tells me I have only 11.5 gb available, although the sd card is 32 gb.

How come? And what to do?

Advertisement
  2. billynibbles

billynibbles Active Member

When you attach to your PC and view file contents via My Computer or whatever you use, how does it show up? My phone, which only has an 8gb card shows up as two drives, Card and Phone. I had no say in how it was partitioned. Maybe your phone has snaffled a large share.
  3. SCPadgeebar

SCPadgeebar Well-Known Member

Something tells me that someone reprinted the text on the card and it is a 16GB Card.
  4. chesterr

chesterr Member

If I insert the card in my computer, it says there's 30.83 gb available.
  5. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I think it's a 16gb.
    What make is the sd card?
    Did you get it from a reputable dealer, or a cheappo ebay company?
  6. mattyboyo

mattyboyo Well-Known Member

You are looking at the external SD card on the phone aren't you? Not the internal SD card which is labelled as SD card.
    chesterr likes this.
  7. chesterr

chesterr Member

@mattyboyo You're on to something! I think you're right. I had no idea there was an external _and_ internal sd card. I can now see the external sd card in settings - however, in App2sd (now AppMgr III), I can only see the card sporting 11.5 gb. How come? What can I use the external sd card for, if not for apps?
  8. SCPadgeebar

SCPadgeebar Well-Known Member

If you have the 16GB Model of the I9100,
    Internal Storage: 11.5GB
    External SD: Go to Settings > Storage and check if there is any SD Card mounted.
    chesterr likes this.
  9. chesterr

chesterr Member

SCPadgeebar, you're half right. It actually doesn't always mount by itself, which I find strange. Still, an app like App2sd still shows it has only 11.5 gb available - even though the external sd is mounted.