32GB card from Verizon only $99Accessories

Last Updated:

1. rtmeikle

rtmeikle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Click Here

I just ordered mine. Free shipping, but they do charge tax. Still, it looks like a good deal!

Advertisement
  2. auburnmk

auburnmk Member

Figures.....I just got my 16g Class 6 card ....lol

3. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

4. rtmeikle

Hey, if you're comfortable ordering from some tool named "Dong 6969" on ebay, more power to you. I'll happily pay $100 for a card from a legit distributor that is actually 32gb, rather than a 2gb card with a 32gb sticker on the front.

And yeah, the seller you linked really is named "Dong 69" or something to that effect, and he has no feedback.

Drew5150 likes this.
  5. ryder4321

ryder4321 Active Member

Since this is a class 2, will this still be fast enough once we're able to put apps on the card?

6. Super Noob

Super Noob Well-Known Member

I think I would rather buy a 16 gb class 6 card than a 32 gb class 2 for that particular reason.

7. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

This gave me a chuckle

8. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Beware. Sandisk is one of the most heavily replicated memory cards in China. The workers literally go in after hours and use the rejected parts to make black market cards that they usually sell in street markets but on a few occassions, they have made their way to manufacturers in batches of real cards. The only way they were discovered was that the cards failed at an abnormally high rate compared to the real cards.

So I sometimes wonder... memory cards on eBay from China.. hmm

9. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I got one for myself and one for my wife. If I need more speed later with a higher class, then I'll get it then. For now, it's all about loading up music and video.

As for whether it's fast enough, I think it will be. Class speed makes far more difference when writing to the card than reading from it.

Anyway, $50/card is a great price so jump on these before they're gone. I bet VZW's unloading supply because they have too many due to phone backorders.

10. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Yea lol considering EVERYTHING is made there......even the one from Verizon probably has made in China on it somewhere and they paid 10.00 and charge US buyers 99.99

11. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Yeah my point wasn't that it was made in China vs somewhere else, it's that the factory workers there use rejected parts to make grey market memory cards and those black market memory cards (which usually have a high failure rate) are probably the same ones you see on eBay. They use REAL sandisk components, but they are REJECTED components.

Read more carefully please.

12. hyabusha

hyabusha Active Member

I'll stick with my 16GB Class 10. ;)

13. rtmeikle

You do realize that the stock card that came with the phone is a class 2, right? I'm currently using a class 6 8gb that I had in my last phone, but I figure that 90% of Evo owners are probably using the class 2 card that came with the phone, and it's working fine, so why wouldn't it a 32gb class 2 card also work fine.

From what I hear, the class of the card affects the amount of time it takes to load the card, so it will be slow to originally copy my files over. After that, it won't matter anymore.

14. kevbonice

kevbonice Member

mine arrived today!! confirmed 32gb class 2, comes with sd card adapter and microsd usb adapter!!

best deal ever for 50 bones!!!