32gb Class 2 Considerably Faster Than Internal Mem?Support

Last Updated:

1. ChuckFarley

ChuckFarley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not a very scientific approach, but while migrating files from internal storage to the sd card, I noticed it taking a lot longer than moving the same sized files from my comps hd to the sd.

The same file from my comp took noticeably longer to finish transfering to the internal storage. An ~800 mb file took nearly a minute longer. Also, the music loaded on the sd card is much more responsive in the stock player. The audio I had loaded on the internal mem didn't take forever to load up to the player, but I did feel it was a bit slugish.

I'm always blown away by the size of these micro sd cards (and 32gb on that little thing, are you kidding me!?); but I, in no way, expected the read/write to be faster than whatever they've shoved into the inc for internal memory. I'm really pleased with the new card, but can't help to feel a little disappointed in the inc's memory speed.

Anyone else having a similar experience? Anyone out there know the read/write speed of the internal mem?

Advertisement
  2. jwalker87

jwalker87 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be. Download the SD Card Speed Tester app and run it on both. People who have done so reported that 1) the VZW 32gb class2 has the same speed as a class6, and 2) the internal storage is something like class10.

3. ChuckFarley

ChuckFarley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, just ran it on the sd card:

Write speed is 5.0MB/s
    Reading speed is 9.0MB/s

Measures suggest your card is a Class4 Card.

Well, now I just ran it again, and...

Write speed is 6.0MB/s
    Reading speed is 9.0MB/s

Measures suggest your card is a Class6 Card.

It doesn't look like this app can test the internal storage, so I won't speak to that. But all I can say is that loading files on the SD card is faster than internal mem.