32gb micro SD card with droid X2Tips

1. garyhavener

garyhavener Member

I have had my Droid X2 for about 11 weeks or so. It came with a 8gb micro SD card. I understand that you can put a 32gb card in this phone. I was wondering if anyone has tried doing that? I figured that if I was going to put a bigger card in, I should do it now before I add a lot of stuff to my phone.

Advertisement
    :
  2. coolpoete

coolpoete Well-Known Member

The technical specs of the phone state that it can support up to a 32 GB Micro SD card so you are good to go.
    garyhavener likes this.
  3. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

My wife has one in hers and it's working fine.
    garyhavener likes this.
  4. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Just know this: micro sdcards are notorious for going bad easily and randomly. Make sure you get a good warranty with your card. Patriot has a lifetime warranty, as does ADATA. And shoot for at least a class 6. I only buy class 10 cards these days, but class 6 is when they start to get some speed to them.
    garyhavener likes this.
  5. garyhavener

garyhavener Member

What brand of micro SD card did you buy and what class is it?
  6. bolski

bolski Well-Known Member

Mine is a Lexar Class 10 32gb card. I've used it for almost a year now. I first had it in my LG Vortex and now in my X2. It works great.

It comes with a 10-year warranty. Not as great as a lifetime warranty, but I figure in 10 years, there will be something else by then.
    garyhavener likes this.
  7. WA_Bob

32 GB Class 4 Sandisk. I bought it last year and I've transferred from my Droid X through 3 Thunderbolts that died on me to the Bionic I have now Bionic and it hasn't failed me yet. I do keep irreplaceable data & such backed up on my PC, but it's always worked great for me.

You can find one for under $50 online sometimes depending on the day/ deals if you're willing to search a bit.
    garyhavener likes this.
  8. bolski

bolski Well-Known Member

But stay away from getting them on eBay unless you know the seller is reputable. Too many people have been ripped off purchasing so-called "32gb" MicroSDs from ebay sellers only to be sold an 8gb sdcard that has 32gb printed on it. Just remember, if the deal seems too good to be true, it is!
    garyhavener likes this.
  9. WA_Bob

I'll second that! There's plenty of more reputable sellers out there unless you have someone on EBay with a stellar reputation and a return policy.
    garyhavener likes this.
  10. garyhavener

garyhavener Member

BOLSKI
    I ordered a Lexar Class 10 32gb card and it has been shipped. I picked it up for $51.00. Hope it works as good for me as yours has for you.
  11. bolski

bolski Well-Known Member

Mine has been functioning really well for me. I bought it when I had an LG Vortex and it's now in my X2 and it works great. It's fast and it's stable.
  12. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

That's a really nice price for a Class 10 32g sd micro, and that's a ton of space for a phone.
  13. bolski

bolski Well-Known Member

I don't know. I have mine almost filled to capacity with nothing but music. I suppose it's more than I need and I could prune it, but for some reason, I just have a problem doing that just in case I happen to be in the mood for that set of songs! :)

I suppose with Google Music and Amazon MP3, I could just leave the songs I purchased online in the cloud and stream them, but a lot of my music is gapless and so, only PowerAmp plays them correctly without any skips between tracks. So, I guess those songs (trance/techno mixes, live music) have to stay on the Droid, but removing the rest would definitely free up some space!
  14. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's why I keep a MP3 player around, just to keep that stuff off the phone. Massive amounts of storage, there. And I keep my camera folder synced to my Dropbox with Titanium Media Sync, so if I feel like photos or videos are taking up a lot of space, I can safely delete them off my phone. All this means I have an 8 gb card, and never run low on space. :)
  15. AnnInVA

AnnInVA New Member

On my Droid X2. Where to put ths 32 MicroSD card? Can't find the slot.:mad:
    Please be VERY specific!
    Thanks!
  16. MusicIsTheKey

MusicIsTheKey Member

In this picture, it is Step 2.

[​IMG]
    Scur likes this.