• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 32GB Micro SD class 10 issue

I purchased a 32gb micro SD card class 10 to dump music in for my S II.

It came with an adapter to be able to plug into my computer. I did so and loaded it with music (took about 3 hours).

Once I ejected the SD card and entered it in the phone and only 18 folders out of 324 of music appeared.

I tried it again. I removed the SD card from the computer then replugged it back in to see if it was the SD card. But the files only disappear when I enter the SD card into my phone.

Help?

Hi bertistheword. :ciao: Welcome to the forums. :beer:

That's a strange one.

When the card is in your phone, how much does your phone say the total space is and how much free space?

How much on your pc?

Are all the music files the same format?

How long do you wait to see if they are all on the sd card on your phone? Maybe the media scanner hasn't scanned them all yet?

Upvote 0
Thank you

The files are either mp3 or m4a

My PC shows the card having 32gb total space, and 5 gb available.
I removed the sd card and reinserted the card and the computer showed the same information.

When I insert the sd card my phone says Total Space: 31.24 gb, Available: 29.29 gb and only a portion of the music is on the sd card.

When i place the SD card back in my computer only a portion of the music is shown on the SD card as well.

Upvote 0
I've done a little research and it seems the media scanner may have a problem with m4a files. Although I'm not sure about your sd card working properly. Its odd it shows different results when you put it back in your pc.

A couple of things to try, this app MediaFix.

If that doesn't work, you could try and reformat the sd card. I know would be a pain reloading the music on it. If you do that, maybe just try a few of the mp4 and m4a and see if they both show up.

What brand is the card and where did you buy it? I've seen reports of some Chinese ripoff cards that report the size it should be but its actually not that big.

Upvote 0
this is the card i purchased:
32gb Micro SD Card with Adapter Class 10 Micro SDHC w/ Adapter High Performance! | eBay

I will try reformatting the card and will try the app.

I actually reformatted the sd card using SDFormatter v3.1 before transferring files.

I actually had 8gb of music stored on the phone hard drive, today I moved it from the phone to the micro SD card. And the files disappeared completely.

What is so strange is that if it had never been placed the card in the phone the files would remain on the card.

Upvote 0
Hey bertistheword im sorry to tell you this if you havent alreddy figured it out but you bought a chineese rip off card .... yea i bought the exact same card before i saw this thread and im having the same problems but itsnot with mp4's once you put enough of any format it just wont read them i cant load roms or anything..... there is a test online to be sure if it is fake or not
the test is called H2testw

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones