• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 32gb micro sd fast enough

It's plenty fast enough. I run apps, music, and video off mine with no problem. Read speed across the classes wouldn't justify paying more for the classes because the performance wouldn't be noticeable enough. Yes, it could be with some of the most advanced operations, but the phone itself cannot do some of those making the theoretical problems highly unlikely to happen.

Class 6 and 10 are complete overkill as they were developed for hi-def use that Evo cannot do. It cannot output 1080p, nor does it record at 1080p so there's no need to use recordable media developed for that standard.

Upvote 0
If you can stand waiting a bit longer, Kingston started shipping their new 32 GB, class 4 microsd card today actually. It's ridiculously expensive at around $150, but I would put money on that it'll drop to around $100 by the end of the year...especially considering that SanDisk just preemptively dropped the price on their 32 GB, class 2 a week before the Kingston launch.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm still on the hunt for a decently priced 8 or 16gb class 4 minimum card for mine... my music and videos playing off the stock 8 gig stutter occasioanlly. It's more noticeable with video playback though, lots of times audio cuts off and the video goes into hyper fast forward to catch up if the videos are over some decent length of time (can't determine the exact limit, it seems totally random).

I blame the stock card only being a class 2 for that though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones