• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

32GB Micro SD HC works with Prevail

MiguelAMX

Nov 23, 2011
I bought this a few days ago and heres how it turned out for me:

- Prevail does not recognize the card at first. But after a format it will work.
- This is much faster than the standard 2gb card that comes with the prevail. Not THAT much faster but noticeable.
- The SD adapater that comes with the Prevail DOES NOT work with this card. Your machine will crash "My Computer" because it cannot read the media
- A USB connection will work with the Prevail and it will be able to transfer to the card as long as you have the latest drivers.

I bring this up for anyone curious enough how a 32GB MicroSD HC card works with Prevail and if some of you are not aware of such a cheap price for huge storage. I'd buy this quickly because for this price it will sell fast.

Amazon.com: SanDisk microSDHC 32GB Flash Memory Card (Card Only) SDSDQM-032G-B35,Black: Electronics

I bought this a few days ago and heres how it turned out for me:

- Prevail does not recognize the card at first. But after a format it will work.
- This is much faster than the standard 2gb card that comes with the prevail. Not THAT much faster but noticeable.
- The SD adapater that comes with the Prevail DOES NOT work with this card. Your machine will crash "My Computer" because it cannot read the media
- A USB connection will work with the Prevail and it will be able to transfer to the card as long as you have the latest drivers.

I bring this up for anyone curious enough how a 32GB MicroSD HC card works with Prevail and if some of you are not aware of such a cheap price for huge storage. I'd buy this quickly because for this price it will sell fast.

Amazon.com: SanDisk microSDHC 32GB Flash Memory Card (Card Only) SDSDQM-032G-B35,Black: Electronics

Probably faster because it's a higher class card.

Upvote 0
Probably faster because it's a higher class card.

Yep ! This is a class 4 card so I'd say thats good enough. The PREVAIL 2gb card is a class 2. The Media scanner on boot up is much quicker. I don't think its really worth it to buy a class 6 or 8 card because well.. I dont need that much speed lol class 4 works fine. I think thats even good enough for HD recording.

Upvote 0
Yep ! This is a class 4 card so I'd say thats good enough. The PREVAIL 2gb card is a class 2. The Media scanner on boot up is much quicker. I don't think its really worth it to buy a class 6 or 8 card because well.. I dont need that much speed lol class 4 works fine. I think thats even good enough for HD recording.

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters. ;)

Upvote 0
Odd. Wonder why mine gets all screwy when I try to partition it.

Have you tried a complete format first (to write data to the 'virgin' unused portions of the card)
doing so seems to have alleviated some of the problems i have had with my card (pny 16g class 10) my lag is gone for the most part and got links2/s2e working for me :) don't know of it will help you on your situation, but i figured it couldn't hurt :D

Upvote 0
Have you tried a complete format first (to write data to the 'virgin' unused portions of the card)
doing so seems to have alleviated some of the problems i have had with my card (pny 16g class 10) my lag is gone for the most part and got links2/s2e working for me :) don't know of it will help you on your situation, but i figured it couldn't hurt :D

First-I tried partitoning it with CWM= corrupt partitions
Second- Put it in my PC formatted back to default, then partitioned using GParted for Ubuntu= No go, couldn't mount sd-ext.

Tried multiple different methods and partition sizes with the same results. I think I'd have to go with Inigo and say it's probably my card. Especially since I bought my PNY 16gb class 10 and it partitioned and mounts sd-ext just fine. It's just my 32gb card won't. I would love to use my 32gb, but I'm happy with my 16gb for now.

Upvote 0
And to confuse people more they name SD cards similarly : the two product lines ultra and extreme.

Sdhc ultra
Sdxc extreme. - faster file transfer speeds ...twice as fast.

And the speeds differ for different manufacturers. So one class 10 might be slower than a different brand class 10.

Does the prevail support sdxc?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones