drexappeal Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. r3dDaWn

r3dDaWn Active Member

Are u sure about that price?

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk...
  3. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

I bought a 32GB from eBay, paid around $55.

You have to look for one that people are bidding on, that's when you get the best value. The Buy It Now's are usually in the $80-$90, but still cheap compared to probable retail costs.

If you're a good bidder, and you bid in the early morning hours (when people are less likely to outbid you), I saw someone get a 32GB for less than $30.

Happy bidding ...
  4. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member

I hope you don't bid like that...just use auction sniper & don't bid through ebay website (GOOGLE IT!)

mms1946 and RestivoBC like this.
  5. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

let the shmo's bid like normal. The more that don't snipe, the better it is for those of use that do :D
    ConcertFreak likes this.
  6. lopezbnj

lopezbnj Well-Known Member

Is there any difference between the card from ebay or the sellers from overseas?
  7. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

Hey, I still got the card for $55, when people are paying $150+ retail. I consider that a good buy.

But I will def check out sniper if I need to bid on something again, I usually just opt for the 'Buy It Now' products though.
  8. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

I've heard that the 32GB on ebay are counterfeits. Any truth to that? Real SanDisk cards have a serial number printed on the card itself. Do yours have that?
  9. noobcake

noobcake Member

H2test, Download bei heise

Do a test with that; lets see if you have a hacked card or not.
  10. Bagua

Bagua Well-Known Member

11. jimmydee

jimmydee Active Member

I payed $62.00 and it came with a SD card to slide in the micro sd card and also a USB device to slide mciro sd card into. It's a Kingston and for what I got I thought it was well worth it from Fry's.
  12. drexappeal

Oh, you got a 16gb card, not a 32, right?
  13. edpowers

edpowers Member

What is a hacked card? Is it hacked to falsely show 32GB when it is actually a smaller capacity?
  14. DroidGnome

DroidGnome Well-Known Member

Exactly... in fact hacked/false flash memory is HUGE on ebay right now. Both in card formats and usb drives. Personally unless you know a seller sells real items don't even chance it. Getting your money back is very difficult, even with PayPal.

There are a lot of sites regarding the scams, such as:
    FakeFlashNews

Basically someone in China/Japan/Taiwan (Basically overseas where there is little control) gets defective memory chips and reprograms them to read as normal working chips. They go as far as to recreate the original packaging as well. The key to detecting a fake is NONE of them have a serial number!! Ask for a Serial Number before you buy.. if they can't provide one, it's fake. If they claim it's 'inside the package', odds are it's fake as most memory manufacturers now put stickers on the outside to combat this exact problem.

Use the program someone linked a few posts above to test your card.. or simply fill it up with a bunch of files to see if it's really working properly. An easy trick is to find a video file approx 1 gig in size, and copy it a few dozen times. Then load em up onto the card/chip/drive. Most of the time it'll fail along the copy process (which can take a long time for large drives!!), but if not.. it almost always will fail on the READ process when you try to view them.

Not all Ebay sales are scams, but if the price is Extremely lower than the manufacturer for these higher capacity chips.. odds are it's fake.
    Bagua, KoukiFC3S and edpowers like this.
  15. drexappeal

I can confirm this. It took me about a month and 3 separate phone calls with Paypal before I finally got a refund. And one of the sticking points, at first, was that the seller was requesting me to return the card to them. It was easy to convince Paypal that this shouldn't be the case, since the item was removed from ebay (but too late because I had already paid).

At the time, I thought it was worth the $27 risk. Afterwards, I realized it just took up too much of my time to be worth the hassle.
  16. MiDri

MiDri Active Member

Also keep in mind that if we do get a decent uncompressed or h264 (10) recorder (so our videos don't look like crap) you'll need a class 6 or higher card. So don't waist $200 on a class 2.
  17. dleasman

dleasman New Member

Regardless of what size card you get, it's the speed that makes the difference. The EVO came with a crappy Class 2 (big C around a 2 right on the card), from Sprint. I immediately pulled this crappy card out of the phone and replaced with a Class 6 8GB card, which is about 3x faster.

Beware... BestBuy, RadioShack, etc... they all sell Class 2 or Class 4, but what you really want/need is Class 6. If you ever root your phone, and put Apps2SD on, or use a custom firmware with caching on the SD card, only the Class 6 cards will work properly.

Yes, a Class 6 card costs more, but you gain a lot of speed for the money. It's completely worth it!

-Dana
  18. pippin65

pippin65 Active Member

just curious--what's the class number of the 8gb that comes with the phone???
  19. Danduhman.ds

Danduhman.ds Well-Known Member

class 2
    pippin65 likes this.
  20. pippin65

pippin65 Active Member

one followup...I have a transcend 8 gb class 6 in my hero....can I just take the hero's and put it in my phone or must I format it or whatever...I could care less about the photos and whatnot on wither card....thx...
    and going from cl 2 to 6...noticeable???
  21. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

as long as it's a microsd it should be interchangable
  22. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

How can you tell what your class is without the packaging, I have a bunch of 8 GB cards that I used to use with my PSP I don't see what class is on them on the card
  23. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

I must have stumped everyone. ;)
  24. kaw900r

kaw900r Well-Known Member

All of my cards have it listed on the front. I got my 32gb from ebay $40 ship to the door. Had to format it a couple times then used the phone to format instead of computer and working great.:cool: