32GB microSD cards - Preorder available

1. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

You can get your Droid one of these on April 20 for 99 quid (about $150)

SanDisk MicroSD Card - 32GB

Haven't seen any US e-tailers advertising them yet.

Advertisement
    :
  2. nestrapez

nestrapez Active Member

Squid yummy!
  3. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Well at least they're finally rolling out...definitely going to wait for a price drop though.
  4. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

$150? Yeah, I'll pass.
  5. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

$150.00? Same as I paid for my beloved droid? Hal, my droid:rolleyes: is sweet but he doesn't need that much of a treat. I will wait until the price is a bit more reasonable. But thanks for letting us all know they are on the way. That is good news.:eek:
  6. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

I'll probably wait until holiday shopping season to pick one up. There should be some reasonable deals by then. Just like anything else, new tech is always expensive.
  7. Icedemon

Icedemon Well-Known Member

I'll wait until they hit The Shack. When I worked their, we always had these on sale. I often wondered why they had a normal price when every week they was on sale.
  8. HaunteD CoucH

HaunteD CoucH Well-Known Member

that is a high amount for a sd card I know I wont be picking one up those up anytime soon.
  9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Heh - I won a $400 gift card from Amazon - The mobo I want to house my Core i7 965 EE is ~$479, but if the prices drop enough and I have some change left over, I know where said change is gonna be spent....
  10. chris9788

chris9788 Member

lmao its supposed to come out on 420. good day
    noidea` likes this.
  11. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Huh?!?! :confused: I don't understand this statement at all. I have 4 phones and 2 other devices with micro sdcards ... never a problem. Sure, all thing's man-made have a failure rate. But I don't think sdcards are any more failable than regular sdcards, or RAM chips.
  12. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Looks good but I think I will wait for a price drop :D
  13. QrafTee

I think he's speaking specifically about the 16GB cards. I personally wouldn't know since the largest microSD cards I have are 8GB. Maybe he bought knock-offs off eBay.
  14. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

Werd :cool:

But on topic: I think I will definitely be getting one of these when they are available for cheap on ebay or something. My 16 is almost full because I use my Droid as my ipod.
  15. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Not until we can store apps on the internal SD card will I go to a 32gb card. Just no need for me.
  16. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

This.

I have no need for more space. Even with all the apps I have or want to use. I would like to be able to install them to the SD card.
  17. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

We currently have only 256K of internal storage. I don't see why a 16GIG or 32GIG micro sdcard would matter at that point. Not until we start seeing some GINORMOUS apps coming at us.

The only reason I can understand anyone wanting to upgrade is for more music, pics, and/or videos. Other than that, 16G is plenty for me. (That's why God invented iPods.) :D
    pettit03 likes this.
  18. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

with that money I'll get another droid and keep both microSD cards and a second phone to use in case I drop my in the water (=
  19. QrafTee

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Would you need higher internal storage before people are willing to develop big apps for it? Or will developers develop big apps regardless to a market that has 0% chance of installing it via Android Market? ... In this case I'd have to safely say that it's the chicken--we'll need more storage people developers consider developing larger sized apps for Android users.
  20. fam

fam Well-Known Member

When they are down to below 30 bucks Ill buy one. Unless droid starts getting big and awesome games that are installed on the SD....I dont need it.
  21. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I could use a 32gb, I wouldn't pay $150 for one though.
    Even with only a 16gb card, the Droid has turned my iPod into a paperweight, on all except long trips. 32gb would be very nice to have, 128gb would be perfect. :D
  22. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Damn those are pricey.
  23. craiglester

craiglester Active Member

256 MBytes,not KBytes

256K would be impressive for a full OS though :D
  24. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Smallest I could find with a gui is 1400K. It actually looks pretty good, has a web browser and mp3 player. Boots off a floppy, so there's a pretty good chance there's about 20 computers in the US that can still boot it. ;)