• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 32gb SD card coming unmounted by itself?

eeyoremgm

Lurker
Jul 2, 2011
I purchased a 32gd SanDisk SD card to replace my 8gb one. I can copy the files over to the new card using my computer. When I put the new SD card into my phone, it will mount, but it will not allow me to read or write to it. It says that it has unexpectedly unmounted and needs to be remounted. I took it to the cell phone store and they said that the card was bad so I got a replacement one of the same make and model card. When I tried to use the new blank card, I had the exact same issue even before I tried to transfer all my data over to it. Is there something that I'm doing wrong, or is there a different way to transfer all my data from my old card over? Will a 32gb SD SanDisk card work in a HTC Desire (my phone tech support says no even though the HTC specs say yes). I have verified that both of the SD cards are genuine, and not fakes or corrupted.

Help!

I purchased a 32gd SanDisk SD card to replace my 8gb one. I can copy the files over to the new card using my computer. When I put the new SD card into my phone, it will mount, but it will not allow me to read or write to it. It says that it has unexpectedly unmounted and needs to be remounted. I took it to the cell phone store and they said that the card was bad so I got a replacement one of the same make and model card. When I tried to use the new blank card, I had the exact same issue even before I tried to transfer all my data over to it. Is there something that I'm doing wrong, or is there a different way to transfer all my data from my old card over? Will a 32gb SD SanDisk card work in a HTC Desire (my phone tech support says no even though the HTC specs say yes). I have verified that both of the SD cards are genuine, and not fakes or corrupted.

Help!

Hi I have exactly the same problem, the HCSD Micro 32gb card works fine on the PC tested it all day transfering files back and forth no issues but as soon as I put it in the HTC Sensation it mounts and runs periodically then unmounts it's self with an error saying unmount SD card before removing to avoid data loss. Have to restart then after a short while of all ok it happens again and again.
Put it back into the PC and it is working fine.

Anyone any ideas? HTC say the Sansation is compatible with all speed SD cards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones