1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

$349 Off contract!General

1. t35rk

t35rk Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this device. I had the original Lucid for a few weeks before returning it in favor of the GSIII. I mostly liked the Lucid but battery charging times and over heating killed it for me. The new Snapdragon S4 processor should alleviate these issues.

I'll be looking at this device to replace my wife's Rezound while keeping her unlimited data.

Advertisement
    :
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Hello :wavey:

I don't own this device, nor do I plan on buying it, but if you'd like to root it, the LG Spirit root method works fine :)

I can give you a long explanation on how I know :p but it would be:
    Off-Topic :eek:

Some neat things to try:
    On-Screen Phone (control your phone from your PC via USB/WIFI/Bluetooth).
    Backup app (you can schedule backups to occur automatically, I highly recommend backing up to a microSD card because internal storage is erased with a factory reset).
    Google Now
    If you root, there are endless possibilities if and when any development begins (except kernels).
  3. t35rk

t35rk Well-Known Member

Do you have any idea if Foxfi will work on this LG phone, preferably unrooted? If it does, this may be my wife's next phone. This, or for the same price, a used GS3. Thanks.
  4. wiisixtyfour

wiisixtyfour Well-Known Member

I would say no. I have the Lucid (1) and since the update to Ice Cream Sandwich, FoxFi doesn't work and neither do the rooted apps that create hotspots. Apparently they don't want you sharing your data unless you use the Mobile Hotspot app from Verizon
  5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

It works on my Motion (a phone very similar to the Spirit) running ICS, I know that metro's version has USB tethering in stock (only when there's 4G though).
  6. jasoraso

jasoraso Well-Known Member

Apparently there has been an update to FoxFi, and the paid version is working on several phones now that have JellyBean (FoxFi is working on the HTC Droid DNA that has Anroid 4.1).

I am optimistic that the paid FoxFi will work on this phone, too.