35 dollar fee

Last Updated:

1. mrw5641

mrw5641 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I am new here and I was trying to exchange my eris for the Droid and they are saying for returns is a 35$ restocking fee. Has anyone encountered this and or how do you get around it? Or should I just keep the eris?

Ideas / Thoughts

Advertisement
  2. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

Most cell companies charge this or something similar to return a phone shortly after you get it. Here in Canada, most won't let you exchange after a short period of time or usage elapses.

If you really want to swap for a Droid, $35 seems like a reasonable fee to me.

3. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Yes, that is the normal fee for Verizon. That is why I bought my Eris at Best Buy. When I decided I wanted a Droid instead, no biggie. I just walked in and they exchanged it with no restocking fee... $35 really isn't that bad though...

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I exchanged my wife's phone within 30 days at best buy for no fee.

I got my Omnia II at the verizon store and had to pay $35 to get the droid within my 30 day window.

Yes it is definitely worth it. My daughter has the Eris and it is no comparison to the Droid. I hate the look and feel of the Droid but it is soooooo much faster than the Eris.

BTW, I'm getting rid of my Droid as soon as I can get a decent phone with no keyboard (N1, HTC incredible, iPhone, or any other good phone on Verizon)

5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

What's with the hating on keyboarrds? Are people that superficial that they need their phone to look "cool" so they feel better about themselves?

6. mrw5641

mrw5641 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

lol, thanks for the information, but with the new 2.1 rolling out soon, i am psyched and i probably will keep my eris

7. kennyyu

kennyyu Well-Known Member

to get around the 35$ fee, return your eris
    wait three days then buy the droid. As long as you wait 3 days for your next phone purchase, the 35$ fee isn't charged
    i just returned my droid today and waiting for the incredible to come out

8. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

My deal with the keyboard is that I keep my phone in my pocket, the Eris is a MUCH nicer form factor for that, been thinking about going over to the dark side though, I just have a need for more power!!!

9. pbrstanwood

pbrstanwood Well-Known Member

after that there is no fees

10. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

I returned an Eris before 30 days, waited one week and got a Droid. I did not pay the $35 fee.

11. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Be careful. The store I was at tried up charge me anyway and didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I said it was more than 3 days since the return. I said fine ill go home and order it on the web and they waived it.