35 M India Samsung I7500Support

Last Updated:

1. mschanna

mschanna New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I want to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy i7500 to frio 2.2. Is it good idea? What I can expect from upgrade? How I can do that Please Help

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! :D

I'll move this to the right forum for you! :D

3. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member

Looks like your request is working. (as well as Lelouch's idea... :rolleyes: )

mschanna,

How long has it been since you bought the phone? And do you know what version it is now?

I would expect you to be on stock 1.5. At the very least, upgrading to the official Samsung ROM will put you in android 1.6 and that means a new Android Market experience for you! (translation: more cool apps)

Froyo 2.2 hasn't and won't ever be supported by Samsung for the aging i7500. BUT, we have a loving & dedicated team of developers who are working to port androind 2.2 (and some of cyanogen's stuff) to the i7500. In fact, they are close to releasing beta-3, I'm told.

There are plenty of ROMs running around this forum (if you know how to look) but before you go about doing anything, we need to know - what is your technical level?

As for help, don't worry. We're a friendly bunch. :)

I'm curious - what's the "35 M" in your subject stand for? Also, nice to see another Indian. I'm from Kerala, what state are you from?

-chronodekar

prabu likes this.