$350 early terminiation fee 11/15

Last Updated:

1. stktrader

stktrader Member This Topic's Starter

I am sure everyone has been informed about this hike in the early termination fee by verizon from $175 to $350.
    Confirmed: Verizon Wireless to charge up to $350 early termination on “advanced devices” Boy Genius Report

I was concerned about this since most credit card companies change terms left and right. But since I bought my droid on the 6th, and according to a verizon customer service rep, my contract will not change to the $350 fee, so buy your droid before the 15th and brag that you got in before the soon to be uproar..

Advertisement
  2. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

Thanks OP for the post. Now I'm really on the fence. I was thinking of getting one for my wife for Christmas. I know she has 30 days from purchase but after that.. if all doesn't go well 350 isnt pocket change. Well neither was 175 for that matter.

3. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

I still have to wait until Monday b/c Fedex apparently doesn't do Saturday shipping to my area (which, oddly enough, is within walking distance to Boston- not like I'm in the back woods or anything...Grrr),:confused:

4. aaron19953

aaron19953 Well-Known Member

Sadly however, you don't agree to the terms and conditions until you ACTIVATE your phone.... Don't feel too bad, i'm in the same boat

ugghh

-=<> Aaron <>=-

5. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

I actually printed my contract and it doesn't say $375. It may very well be an error. Doesn't really matter to me one way or another b/c I'm SO not going anywhere! I'm a very loyal customer and I won't be going anywhere anytime soon! Their customer service is outstanding.

Especially now when my precious is arriving soon! :D