3500 mah hero battery fitsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. boriqua2000

boriqua2000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have a 3500 mah battery that i bought for my hero and it fits in my new EVO.the problem is that obviously the back of the EVO won't go on.any ideas??i would love to not have to buy another battery and just use this one.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

3. saccityp

saccityp Active Member

1) hows the battery life? 2) possibly find another evo battery cover and modify it 3) contact seidio and see if they would sell you the back separately when they release the extended battery.

4. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Duct tape.

5. saccityp

saccityp Active Member

lol, he would be the most unique EVO owner ever:D

6. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

if you have a bodyglove or other case, they're not back dependant.. I don't see why you can't keep the back off and see if it holds the battery in well enough.. might be ghetto, but should work (especially if the battery sticks out enough to be tight...

7. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

gel skin. Itd be like a silicon wrapped brick lol

8. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

get some expanding foam, fill the back with your battery in place. Let harden, trim, shapen way you want, and paint. Voila.
    i'm not sure if I'm serious.

9. rcubed3r

rcubed3r Well-Known Member

Pics of how far the battery sticks out?

Do you get ~twice the battery life with it?

Ron

10. boriqua2000

here are some pics.i took one of the hero with the extended back so you could get an idea of what to EVO would look like with a 3500 mah battery.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1,012.7 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  11. boriqua2000

i could go over 2 full days without charging with this battery on my hero.its a great battery and well worth the extra bulk.

12. boriqua2000

that might sound like a joke but i'd be lying if i didn't say that the thought hadn't crossed my mind.

13. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

until Seidio comes out with the battery cover for this thickness like tjwoo says, I actually like newone757's idea: silicone case? Perhaps you could stretch one of those cheap silicone cases to hold the battery in. It would have that extra space but I think this would be the only practical solution for now.

14. OldRoman

OldRoman Well-Known Member

The Hero battery works in the EVO? I didn't know that. I've got two Hero batteries in a drawer somewhere. It will be nice to have spares for the EVO.

15. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

My goodness .... Fffffuuuuggglllyy! talk about a phone that will look like a large uneven brick even with a cover. I'd rather carry 2 spare cheap batteries then use that battery. You might as well attach a car battery and pull it along on a cart behind you or keep a 3lb battery in your pocket with a cable to the phone! :eek::eek::eek::eek: Not only that but when you drop the phone the extra weight of that thing will send it through the front screen and through the ground and it will come out where it was born .... in China! :)

16. taylor7667

taylor7667 Active Member

lmao!!!!

17. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to agree. That is terrible. No way you are fitting that phone in your pocket with that huge battery. Is is that hard to plug your phone in at night?

Or maybe just get another stock battery and carry it in your pocket in case you ever run out completely. Or maybe just plug your phone into your car charger when you are going somewhere. I would love if all batteries could last 2 full days. But not at the expense of that hunch back.

18. justinholt123

justinholt123 Well-Known Member

wow! that thing sticks out crazy far! maybe I wont get one of those for my evo

19. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

That is ridiculously too large! The phone is big as it is .. now you are going to add over twice the depth to the phone. As mistered said, once Seidio releases the back cover .. it's gonna be like you are carrying around a brick.

No thanks, I'd rather carry an extra battery around

20. bgiesler1644

bgiesler1644 Member

How take a silicon case, stretch it and then heat it with a heat gun?

21. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I'll buy the Seidio 3500 mAh battery. At least I'll can have the option of not turning off GPS, WiFi, 4G and all that settings. And if I chose fashion over utility, I can always switch back to the regular OEM battery or my extended 1750 mAh Seidio batter.

Yesterday, I used my phone heavily. Turned on 4G, so I can monitor where the 4G coverage is, turned on google navigation for directions and the satellite layer showing, more processing power to render the satellite images. Then I used the camera all day long when I was in Kemah. Thank god I carried around a spare battery, because I forgot to bring my car charger. And if I did bring my car charger, and forgot the extra battery, I won't have taken less pictures than what I have taken with two extra batteries.

Having options to do a specific task without compromising the phone's other capability is more of pro than a con in my book.

22. lldsandsll

lldsandsll Well-Known Member

i'll bet money the new back won't have a kick stand

23. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

what seidio will do is make the hump from the battery door stop just above the kickstand. you will still be able to use the kickstand dont worry...

24. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

For $36 you can get 6 crappy chinese batteries and 3 crappier chinese desk/USB chargers off eBay and as crappy as the cheap chinese batteries would be ONE OF THEM would probably get you through most of the rest of a day (or at least until you have access to a charger). Stick one in your pocket and you'll never know it's there, stick that big mama on your phone and it would become a weapon.

You girl friend would probably wonder if you were just happy to see her if that phone was in your pocket.

25. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ Well-Known Member

I have the 3500 mAh battery from my Hero that I am planning on using once they make a new back cover. Yes, it's bulky, but it spends nearly all of its time in my side pouch. I got used to it after a while. And while all my friends were bitching and complaining about haing no battery life, I just sat back and laughed. You get used to it after awhile.