3500mah battery for hero

1. cswee10582

cswee10582 Well-Known Member

so FINALLY seidio has put a date on the 3500mAh battery! Shipping 12/24! I can't wait! well i can for a few reviews!!!!!

Chris

Advertisement
  2. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

ha fantastic. I've been patiently waiting for them to update that. Too bad it's too late to put it on my christmas list heh.
  3. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

how big is the back cover? Any Links? I like how sleek my phone is right now. My battery has been holding up pretty good since I stopped gps and auto update to weather.
  4. cswee10582

cswee10582 Well-Known Member

Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery

It does have a larger back for the phone, but if it's not that much bigger i'd go for it, especially if that would let me be a phone glutton and leave GPS, WIFI, BT and updates on without second thoughts....just me!

Chris
  5. blampars

According to the product description:
    "Adds only 3-4mm to your device"

I really want it, I have *alot* of idle time at work and tend to play on my phone quite a bit. By the time I'm on my way home I'm at about 10% battery. This would work wonders for me, heh.

Next time I get some OT on my check, this battery will be on order :D
  6. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I do have to admit that it is tempting to get double the battery power. My charger would think I was cheating on it lol...
  7. Ashenor

Ashenor Well-Known Member

Anyone else just think about getting a charger for work/car instead? I like the back that it has now. If you are in 2 locations home/work most the day really would not be much to let it charge in both places for a bit?
  8. blampars

I work outside for a living, and although I do have access to a truck all day, it's shared with 2 or sometimes 3 other guys at any given time. Leaving it in the truck to charge means I'm not getting my calls if I'm outside of the truck. It also leaves me susceptible to getting pictures of guys "equipment" set as my lock/home screen background (coworker has the same phone after seeing mine for the last month), which happened earlier in the week while my phone was charging and I went into the local chinese place to get some lunch.

a 3500mah battery will be mine next month :)
  9. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

You gotta love the classics! :)
  10. Ashenor

Ashenor Well-Known Member

Hah guess the new battery is it then =).
  11. Alan Ross

Alan Ross Active Member

Got the new Seidio battery. Two days use but already a big difference in battery capacity. I will use it for a week and then report back. One thing, if you like a light thin phone then this battery is NOT for you. But I like the way the phone sits in my hand with the increased depth. So far , so good.
  12. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

How does the back of it look? does it match the factory color/texture?
  13. Alan Ross

Alan Ross Active Member

Actually, the back is black and feels smoother to the touch. Sort of a rubbery feel. The camera lens is now more recessed but I checked and lens is unobstructed.

BTW, it is 7pm and I have 75% battery left. The old battery would be about 35% by now.
  14. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

can you post up some pic of the phone with the new back on it
  15. NewShockerGuy

NewShockerGuy Well-Known Member

The only thing holding me back from this is that they choose the stupid ugly black color for the back plate... why not match the damn color of the phone?!?!

Seems so stupid to me. I have a silverish gray phone on top and na black backplate.. just looks ugly and cheap to me.

Hopefully they come out with a matching battery backplate... i would get one for sure then.

They had a matching back for the palm 755p in both blue and burgandy...

-Nigel
  16. Alan Ross

Alan Ross Active Member

17. williamwilliam

williamwilliam Well-Known Member

18. stangtech

stangtech Member

I am not sure that is a true Mugen 3200mAh battery since there own website does not show that at all.
  19. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

20. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member

I am going to have to get one of those too :) Thanks
  21. mattcoz

mattcoz Well-Known Member

Based on the picture, that is NOT only 3-4mm. It says 0.5cm, but looks like more.
  22. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

I don't like the lack of a cover for the camera lens. Original back cover has a plastic lens cover built in. Those of you with dust issues may see even more with how open that camera lens hole is and big speaker holes.
    I think I am going to order one though as I keep my Hero in a small camera bag in my pocket, so it is not subject to the elements all the time.

Please keep us informed of battery life though so we know just how many days this sucker will last.
  23. Alan Ross

Alan Ross Active Member

Day 4 Started phone at 8am at 100%. It is now 9:30 pm and I am at 71% after numerous texts, calls and heavy internet use. Also bluetooth and GPS on. Love it.
  24. hempwallace

hempwallace Well-Known Member

25. BlackedOut

BlackedOut Well-Known Member

You could always rock the 1750 extended life battery that will fit under the standard backplate for the ones that don't want the increased size. This is what I will most likely pick up.

Innocell 1750mAh Extended Life Battery