3500mah battery for hero

1. FrogSplatter

FrogSplatter Member

Just ordered mine today. Really looking forward to not having to worry about throttling my power down to get a full days use out of my Hero. Mainly I want to run everything on and widgets galore without having to worry about battery life... if it lasts me 24hrs i'll be happy.

also glad I purchased the holster I did because it should work nicely.

HTC Matte Leather Horizontal Pouch - Original (OEM) 82024
  2. ElAguila

ElAguila Well-Known Member

I believe mugen also has an 1800mAh extended battery that uses the stock cover. I would get this 3500mAh battery but I don't like pouches and that would restrict me to using only the seidio holster for a case. I may give the 1800mAH battery a try since I am not as heavy a user as others are.
  3. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

I would buy this but I talked to a sprint rep about extended batteries and she said that seidio batteries are bad for your phone so I'm worried that if I buy it it'll mess my phone up :(
  4. FrogSplatter

FrogSplatter Member

Sounds like your rep just wanted you to buy batteries from him. :rolleyes:
  5. Eaglesfan9106

I thought that too she told me that I should buy a HTC battery but what I want to know is was she lying is it completely ok to buy and use this battery with no harm to my phone?
  6. Alan Ross

Alan Ross Active Member

Of course the Sprint rep will bad mouth the Seidio battery. I have been using it since last week and other than the increased capacity and size there is no difference in performance at all.

With the stock battery, on heavy use days I have been as low as 18% by midnight. with the new battery never below 51%. Hard to beat that performance.
  7. dennistpm

dennistpm Member

8. fivebass52

fivebass52 Well-Known Member

The Mugen battery case looks much better from a design standpoint. Shipping is free, same as the eBay battery, so the Mugen website saves you $10. the Seido battery backing case looks more simple and "military" in styling to me, but you can't argue with the cost, at about $60.

One more option is a solar charger, and I came across this one today. $39.95, and free shipping from their website.

Solio - Portable Hybrid Solar Charger

And at Amazon.com:

Amazon.com: Solio Solio Hybrid 1000 Charger: Sports & Outdoors
  9. ElAguila

ElAguila Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the hero with this battery installed will fit in either the Innocase holster that comes with the Innocase II and Innocase Holster combo or the Spring-Clip Holster for use with non-cased phone device?
  10. rgss06

rgss06 Active Member

I believe it works with the spring clip case. I know they say it works with one of them, check Seidio.com. I have this battery and love it. As for not being good for the Hero I think they wanted to sell an HTC battery. I had an extended Seidio battery in my old Palm Treo with no issues. They are a very quality product IMHO.
  11. Alan Ross

Alan Ross Active Member

After a week of use the Seidio battery is terrific. No matter how I used the phone it never dropped below 48% by midnight. I turn my phone off at night to reboot/recharge. I actually like the feel of the bigger phone . It is easier to hold and manipulate. However, not everyone will agree.

Now I can't wait for the 2.1 update to see what the phone can really do.
  12. BLUFALCON78

BLUFALCON78 Member

My only hang up on getting this is the use of the docking stations/charging pods. If I can't use them, I won't get the battery. Anybody own both that can fill me in???
  13. Ukyo

Ukyo Member

No there is no possible way. I have the sprint holster and it fits perfectly for the phone without a case. The Innocase isn't very thick but it again won't fit the extended battery. I've already posted about this on XDA so here's the link :)

3500mah extended battery on pre-order ships 12/24/09 - xda-developers
  14. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! VIP Member

A good friend had the extended battery for his HTC Touch Pro and Mogul with no problems. The Sprint rep wants the sale, that's all.
  15. Eaglesfan9106

just ordered mine today!:p
  16. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member

Just bought mine from the Seidio website and got 10% off :)

anyone know how long it takes to receive??
  17. Eaglesfan9106

no idea i was wondering the same thing cuz im not home
  18. khaag27

Does anyone know if there is like a silicone case or something since my phone will now be unmatching?? I hate the idea of a black backing.
  19. Parker Clack

Parker Clack New Member

I was thinking of getting one of the charging stations with the extra battery slot like this Sprint HTC Hero Charger and putting the extended battery in there to charge. Anyone try this yet?
  20. chuckswash

chuckswash Member

She is lying.
  21. chuckswash

chuckswash Member

The clip holster from Seidio will fit it perfectly, and it will cover the screen while it is clipped for protection. Perhaps not ideal if you don't like clips/holsters, but they are well designed, and well built, if you just want something. I think the run 20-30 bucks. Check their website.
  22. khaag27

anything else?? I think clips are a little to manly for me. I like to put in in my purse and I could never stand having something clipped to me.
  23. jarablue

jarablue Well-Known Member

That battery looks nasty as hell. Can you say thick? What an ugly accessory.

So you get 51% at night instead of 18%? What's that 33% 33% for a fugly add on?

I'll keep my nice thin battery. I like charging my phone at night. It's a habit.
  24. Alan Ross

Alan Ross Active Member

So don't buy it. No one is forcing you. I like the extra power reserve and feel of the phone.
  25. khaag27

+1 Ya seriously LOL.