3500MAH battery on ebay? Anyone have?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No NO, this is not another battery thread, I promise !
    This thread is for the 3500mah Battery, with extended Back cover from eBay. there are a few threads containing information on the 2600mah batteries, and 3000mah batteries, but this is different :) :):D These are 3500MAH batteries.

I ordered mine a few days ago, has anyone received this actual battery - doesnt matter if it's from the same seller or not, just as long as it's a 3500mah battery with HongKong Level/Large caseback (no hump).

Just wanted to know if anyone is using it, and how long have you had it, and if quality has degraded over time.

Here is what i wrote in the EVO thread, but i think we need to have a 3500mah discussion in the D-Inc forum.

the Seido/Verizon/Ebay batteries are all made in the same place. There are a few differences, for one. Verizon "claims" to quality check each and every battery that is shipped and sends anything back that is below the average MAH for the specific battery. I also heard that Seidio does QC, but not very often and not very well. I read an article about china/hong-kong factories and read that all of these batteries are LITERALLY made from the same assembly line, and when they get to their rightful owners (verizon/seidio/htc), they put their stamp on it after it has gone through quality control. The reason some people get lemons is because there is no quality control for the ebay ones .They just go into the warehouse, grab one of the 10,000 batteries lying around send send it to you. It costs them 50 cents to make the battery, and verizon/sprint and others exploit the hell out of us because they know the consumer will always take something that is brand name, or considered OEM over anything with no-name. What most consumers don't realize is that they are the same battery! It's all about luck since there is no QC when ordering on ebay, hopefully the seller will respect the buyer and replace the battery if it's bad .

Advertisement
  2. allenb

allenb Member

I got a 2200 off ebay and it works well, however it's just too bulky for my taste. If I'm not mistaken, all the hong kong batteries have the same back cover, so it will be the same.

It makes the phone look like a brick. I reverted to my 1500mah.

3. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

I bought one of the 3500 batts from Hong kong. I have had it about three weeks. Full charge under normal use will last about 2.5 days. Performance has not deteriorated yet. So far it is getting better. The back is really nice! The back itself is worth the $10 i paid for it all. The battery i don't think is truly 3500mah. I believe it to be somewhere between 2300 - 3000mah, but it works good so far.

Seller i used was feitong-something-or-other.

4. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

I ordered mine 10 days ago, have not received it. Hopefully monday. I have the 2600, it was working good before flashing a froyo rom.

5. JuniorNA

That's great that it's still working. Like u said, even tho it might not be truly 3600 mah. It's still great to have a phone last 2.5 days. That means u can go all out and get a full day out of the phone with heavy usage. Is the back flimsy? Do u see any spots that didn't click in right on the back and aren't flush with the actual core of the phone? I know I'm putting too much thought into the back but I'm OCD and If the back door does not click on right it will drive me absolutely insane ;) :p

6. DINC INC

DINC INC Member

The generic made in china extended batteries will give you the most bang for the buck. Just keep in mind that lab tests show that these generic chinese batteries rated at 3500 mah usually test out at about 2400 mah. Just cross your fingers that your battery won't be dead on arrival. I stopped ordering the generic chinese batteries because in the past about 1 out of 3 would be dead on arrival.

7. Mr. Boom

fits pretty well! I like it. HAve a look..

Attached Files:

• 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      67 KB
      Views:
    • 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      70.9 KB
      Views:
  8. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

Yeah i just got mine. Im not sure about it though. I depleted the battery to 1%, then turned it off to charge. i waited till it was green and then turned it on. When it fully booted up, it said the battery was only at 90%. I couldnt understand so i charged till green again then turned off to bump charge. When i turned it back on it was at 90% again. It is also appearing to discharge the same if not worse than stock 1300 mah. I might need to test it more but it is not acting like an extended battery to me.

9. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

it makes the phone look like a mini toaster!

10. JuniorNA

Thats what i hate about ebay batteries, you never know what you're gonna get. I'd be happy with a bad battery and a good fitting case. Then i'll buy the siedio battery and put it in the case. I'd rather a square fitting case, than a hump back. I don't think the siedio is any better, but atleast they go through quality control and chuck out the bad tested batteries. I've heard a few people have great lucky with them, while others are getting lemons, i would recharge/discharge a little more and try it for a few days and see how it acts then. Also, you can contact the seller, they pay about 5 cents per battery and they are usually willing to replace it.

11. cooksalot

cooksalot Well-Known Member

Don't know if your rooted. I am so I would recalibrate the battery stats. That's if your rooted and can go into recovery and wipe the battery stats after a full charge while off.

12. JuniorNA

I like the size of the back, and how it's flat. If the battery doesnt work, i'll end up getting a seidio battery and use the same ebay HK back (as long as it fits flush and i don't get a lemon backing). I know siedio are the same batteries as no name HK batteries but atleast they can accept returns if you feel the battery is unfit

13. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

Hope your shipping is free then because it still is almost pointless to buy the seidio when you can get the back you want AND the battery for 10 bucks on ebay.

14. JuniorNA

I paid 12 bucks for 3500mah and back, free shipping. what I mean is If the battery ends up being crappy I only paid 12 bucks for the back and then i'll get a legitimate battery (if u can call it legitimate) :)

15. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

I bought one of these. I haven't received it yet. Hoping I get a good one. *fingers crossed* I think I only paid $12 shipped.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I didn't order this battery. I bought a 2600 battery from seller "e chosen". Still I'm hoping for a good one.

16. Donali

Donali New Member

Sorry - I see most in this thread have the Incredible - mine's an Evo. The following may not apply to Incredibles, as the backs are definitely different from the Evo backs.

I bought the Seido battery before I realized I could get two "3500mAh" batteries on eBay for $20. If you're going for the eBay batteries, pay the extra $1 or two and get the handy-dandy charger, too.

So - the Seido 3500mAh battery is a tiny bit thicker than the ones I bought from feitong, so the nicer back doesn't really fit with the Seido battery - FYI. My first two days with the eBay battery held up well, today the battery seems to be discharging faster, although I have used the phone more than usual today (downloading, installing, surfing Market, email, FB - no calls. 3G and WiFi turned on the whole time). 9hrs 45 min unplugged, and I'm at 58% battery. Still waay better than my stock 1500. I will try to find time to "condition" these eBay batteries, but am unclear whether or not that really does any good, based on various readings about rechargable lithium batteries.

I can tell you for sure that the Seido has outstanding performance - ran GPS and three different nav programs for 5 hours, unplugged for about 14 hours, lots of photos and uploads to FB, WiFi/3G on the whole time, ended the day with more than 40% battery.

Has anyone found a protective case that fits with the extended batteries? I have an Amzer silicone case that mostly fits - it bows down a little bit on the long sides, but the corners stay intact for the most part. Although the Amzer wasn't expensive, I don't really want to cut the back out as some have done. I also no longer have a carrying case that fits well - the original one I had is waaay too snug with the extended battery and Amzer case.

17. JuniorNA

thanks for the info on the ebay and siedio batteries. it seems like that people hope to get a few ebay batteries then eventually go to the sedeio batt eventually. for the case. i made my own rubber bumper. i hollowed out a gel case and wrap it around the sides of the phone like the Iphone. looks OEM :)

18. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

^I will never buy a seidio battery ^

My Review: It's very early to tell, but I seem to get about 50% more_juice_ out of this 3500 than the 2600 I had previously. Though they are the exact same dimensions. I'm on 8 hours AWAKE time with 61% left. Started at 90% charge. But since I just got it yesterday and can't really think of more than 4 hours of actual use, it could be the phone was stuck awake for part of that time while the screen was off.

I am rooted with setcpu, virtuous rom 2.5 and it's custom kernel, radio version 2.05. If it keeps up this level of performance over the long run, it will be amazing. I will post again after it's gone through a couple charge cycles.

edited: I put 'life' where _juice_ is now above. I got 50% more life during very heavy battery usage that I can monitor with some degree of accuracy. This doesn't translate 1:1 in terms of battery life. For people that leave their phones asleep a lot, it could translate to much more than 50% more time between necessary charges.

19. JuniorNA

dude that would be amazing if the battery stays that good over a longer period of time. even if it lasts u 3 months and u have to buy 4 a year..thats still cheaper than a seidio that is not always "the best in the business"

My wonder is why hasn't a reputable manufacturer (like siedio in this case) build a hongkong back like the ebay sellers do but with better build quality and better mold? they would sell thousands of them in minutes because everyone i've heard, or read states they would take the larger flatter back over the hump back any day.

Adam, is the ebay back not good quality? Does it show the red on the sides because it's not clipped in right? I've seen some pictures of the large flat back on the Incredible and evo and some areas (like the corners) are not clipped in and you can see the separation between the phone and battery cover. that would drive me nuts but then again, what do you expect when paying 10 bucks for 1 battery, 1 charger, 1 battery door, and free shipping. IF it came down to it, i'd by 5 battery doors from hong kong for 5 bucks each and hopefully 1 out of the 5 will fit great .

The issue people have with ebay batteries is that people don't realize that they are made from the same assembly line as verizon branded, htc branded, siedio branded...they just don't go through quality checks as i've mentioned before. So people have a bad experience because they buy 1 battery on ebay thats DOA, and decide to never buy again. that's not the case, and shouldnt be the case....i think it's a matter of dumb luck when buying an ebay battery, some batteries will be great and die in 2 months, some die in 2 weeks, and some last 6 months to 12 months.

if the ebay batteries don't live up to the average standards when i get mine, i'll keep the case back and buy the verizon 2150 and put that in the phone with the hong-kong fat flat back. The good thing about branded batteries like verizon is you do have a warranty on it and they will replace it. Not to say that hongkong ebay sellers wont replace it if your battery is DOA, but you have no real proof that the next one you get will work at all anyway :)

To me, it's a matter of simplicity, i dont want to have to look at battery life and have to make sure i'm near a charger, i just want to use the phone as much or as little as i want, and when i go to bed at 2 am, i want to have 15% battery left. I want to be able to play games, take pictures, take video, 100 texts, 20 minutes browsing, and still have some battery left over. If i play pocket racing with my 1750 siedio, i lose 1% every minute i play, more than that actually, like 1.5 - 2% . So if i play for 15 minutes while i smoke a cig and take the dog out, i go from 80 to 55% battery that fast.

The extended flat back will probably sit better for me in my pocket, since i dont use a case or screen protector, it will feel more sturdy and stronger in my hand, it might be bulky but i'm willing to give up a lot of things right now, just to be able to use the phone how i want, when i want.

About your condition, i've read the same articles as you, and they are all telling me different stories. Some people say you have to condition them, and have run from fully charged to dead a few times a month to keep them conditioned and keep all cells active, and others say they are Lith-Ion and they have a certain amount of charge cycles, until they die, and there is no need to condition them. So i'll continue to do what i'm doing....charge overnight when i sleep and hopefully have juice left over when i go to bed the same day.

I'm not asking for 3 days battery, i just want a full day of moderate-heavy usage like we used to have on our motorola razors. LOL. i know it's a different beast entirely, but you get what i mean. I just want to have decent battery life. I know you can't compare any flip phone to a droid or iphone, but i can compare the battery life if i want :)

Also, one more thing, i know this i a long post but if you've read this far, you might as well finish it up...

I don't understand how some people say they are getting 36-40 hours on their standard 1300mah battery!!??!!!?!

They claim to use the phone normally, not too much, but not too little.
    60 minutes of phone calls
    100 texts
    market downloads
    30 minutes of browsing
    10-20 pictures
    and claim that the phone lasts them 2 days?
    How can that be? I think either people are lying through their teeth, or they simply are not using the phone like they state.

Even if i don't use my phone and just let it sleep, i'd still be at 30% by the end of the day with maybe 2 texts and a 10 minute phone call, so how can some of these people say they have 25 hours of battery life? makes no sense, something is wrong somewhere, either lies about battery life, or lies about how much they are using the phone.

IF you read around, you will find people out there that state they get 2 days of battery life and it baffles me that when they are questioned, they act like it's such a surprise that WE don't have the same battery life as them, and we are complaining for no reason. I don't think they exist, maybe they are just bustin our balls and it's working! :mad::confused::eek::p:D

Ok, i'm done with my rant .

20. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people exagerrate their usage and uptime, and have a hard time understanding how the phone records what it does and that you need to reboot the phone to reset the awake/uptimes, etc.

The case is the same as the 2600 came with, but maybe a little less grippy somehow, or maybe it just starts that way when really new. It has 1 noticeable bulge on one side, but I was one of the few people that ever saw it on these forums, so I wouldn't worry about it. It clips on pretty well, may take a little pushing before it comes to a resting position that is completely flush, but it will. The quality in terms of feeling solid and looks is very nice.

21. khsu1a

khsu1a New Member

I've been trying to get a case for my huge phone. Do you have a picture of your bumper?

22. JuniorNA

I'm at work, when i get home. i'll show you a pic.
    All i did was Gut the entire Silicon case. And just cut out the back part..so it was just a rectangle ring. Then i shaved off the sides/curves of the ring since the curve will not fit around the new width of the battery. So the sides of the ring are now flat. Then what you do is put that entire bumper around the phone, and you now have protection on the side, better grip, and it will also hide imperfections if the hongkong case does not snap in perfectly like the OEM back door.

23. JuniorNA

I love the new battery and new back. When i received it it came with 61% battery. I charged it (in phone for about 2 hours) and i was at 85 % at 2pm. I've been using it heavily, lots of web browsing, texting, music player, gps, and online texas holdem and i went from 80% to 45% in 10 hours...thats what i'm looking for in a battery. Lets hope this stays as good as it does. Tonight i will charge over night (no bump charge) and we'll see how long it really does last on full blast tomorrow with heavy usage. OVer 500 texts, over 60 minutes phone calls, about 2 hours of games, etc. And I will report back. My bumper idea that i created works, but it's ugly...I'm going to need to find a new way to modify a case for this beast. I'm not going to lie, it's a brick, but its not too big, just a lot bigger than the regular slim casing it comes with. I'd be much happier with a case though...but i'll just have to pay more attention and not drop the phone.

24. JuniorNA

Update, charged battery Saturday morning. From 61% to fully charged in phone was 4 hours . It's now Monday at 4 pm and I have 26% left ...light usage Saturday . No calls .100 texts , about and hour of Texas holdem , and half hour of browsing , same on Sunday afternoon , but Sunday night I was heavy usage.75 min of calls. About 300 texts throughout the day and lots of angry birds. I have sync setup every hour. Monday I had light usage. About 75 texts, checking emails , and about 30 min of growing. If this stays like this I can get a full day with heavy usage throughout the entire day without a care in the world for battery use . I can get prob stretch that out to 40 hours . I hope these eBay batteries don't die after one month bc I'm so happy I can use the phone like this. If it does die. I can just buy a new one for 10$ ... =)

25. Mr. Boom

Exactly! I love mine too! Best $10 i ever spent!