3500mAh Extended Battery Needs SKIN THAT FITS???Accessories

Last Updated:

1. grnmach

grnmach New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know where I can find a SKIN that fits the 3500mAh Extended Battery + Cover for Sprint HTC EVO?:confused:

Thanks,
    grnmach

Advertisement
  2. chrisco_kid

chrisco_kid Active Member

ive done alot of hunting for a case myself, im about to take up fletching to make foling front leather ones at this point, as no one else is making them. im not usually a fan of leather stuff, but eh, when the need arises, i guess i can make one, or twelve.

3. stanglifemike

stanglifemike Well-Known Member

As of now I think every one is just making their own. Thats what I did as well. It may not be the prettiest, but it protects the sides of the phone and allows you to rest on the phone face down and it sit on the case and not the screen. Just take a tpu or silicone case and cut out a large square in the back. Basically just leaving about 1/2" all around the outside and it should work fine. The center of the battery door is exposed but that is a much cheaper replacement than the phone itself...

4. Pbaff

Pbaff Member

Phantom Skinz makes a skin for phones with the extended battery pack. This is for the Seido extended battery and not the ebay one though.

Phantom Skinz Chromatics for HTC Evo 4G- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers

If the link doesn't work just do a search for Evo at phantomskinz website, there are only 3 results.

Edit: I just went back to the website and realized that they make a Mugen style that look like they will fit the ebay extended battery. I guess they have both covered.

5. Havok84

Havok84 Member

I searched the site but can't find the Mugen style case for the ebay extended battery. =[

6. Pbaff

Pbaff Member

I didn't see it at first either. You just find the one that has the extended battery cover and then click on the drop down menu for coverage type. The Mugen style is on the list below the two Seido ones.

7. chrisco_kid

from what i can tell the "skin" is actually a door replacement, it doesnt even guard the sides of the phone? not my cup of tea, i want something thatll guard the front like a folding leather case, wallet style preferably.

8. 5maximus71771

5maximus71771 Well-Known Member

Absolutely no shock protection whatsoever from a drop..I received mines (carbon fiber black chromatics)but the package is just sitting in my closet as I haven't had the time.but when I do install it I will still have my customized black silicone over it,so just the extended battery cover will show the carbon fiber.

9. chrisco_kid

yeah thats what i thought, ugh... can we please get away from the shiny bs manufacturers out there and get to keeping our phones from like you know, breaking? maybe then ill feel more like buying something that makes it look super neato instead of being super neato

10. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

If you have the extended Seidio battery cover, Seidio makes a case for it.

If you have the $11 eBay special, those covers don't seem to have a case just yet. Seems to me that whoever is making the battery covers needs to make the cases as well. They could sell the whole combo for $20 or something like that.