• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 3500mAh Extended Battery Needs SKIN THAT FITS???

As of now I think every one is just making their own. Thats what I did as well. It may not be the prettiest, but it protects the sides of the phone and allows you to rest on the phone face down and it sit on the case and not the screen. Just take a tpu or silicone case and cut out a large square in the back. Basically just leaving about 1/2" all around the outside and it should work fine. The center of the battery door is exposed but that is a much cheaper replacement than the phone itself...

Upvote 0
Phantom Skinz makes a skin for phones with the extended battery pack. This is for the Seido extended battery and not the ebay one though.

Phantom Skinz Chromatics for HTC Evo 4G- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers

If the link doesn't work just do a search for Evo at phantomskinz website, there are only 3 results.

Edit: I just went back to the website and realized that they make a Mugen style that look like they will fit the ebay extended battery. I guess they have both covered.

Upvote 0
Phantom Skinz makes a skin for phones with the extended battery pack. This is for the Seido extended battery and not the ebay one though.

Phantom Skinz Chromatics for HTC Evo 4G- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers

If the link doesn't work just do a search for Evo at phantomskinz website, there are only 3 results.

Edit: I just went back to the website and realized that they make a Mugen style that look like they will fit the ebay extended battery. I guess they have both covered.

I searched the site but can't find the Mugen style case for the ebay extended battery. =[

Upvote 0
Absolutely no shock protection whatsoever from a drop..I received mines (carbon fiber black chromatics)but the package is just sitting in my closet as I haven't had the time.but when I do install it I will still have my customized black silicone over it,so just the extended battery cover will show the carbon fiber.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones