• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3500MAH HTC Evo 3D Battery Review

I have it. It's ok. It'll last longer than the stock battery. But not by a huge margin, like those who have the $20+ extended batteries claim. I used it to try to see if I could modify a slim case with kickstand to hold an extended battery. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to. But I used the battery for a few days and, like I said, noticeably better than the stock battery. But it wasn't so much better that I didn't prefer the slim battery and the kickstand, so I haven't used it since.

Upvote 0
Indicator which shows percentage app ? This will showing exactly or some ruff figure ?

Yes I downloaded 'battery indicator' from the app store which gives the battery level as in percentage terms. This stays on the top left of the screen. This does give me the state of charge, but would prefer to have the stock battery indicator actually working.

Also, the problem that as soon as I plug the charger into the phone, the leds flash red/green and does not start charging straight away, and seems to have to settle for a few minutes before the led stays red?

Wondering if I end up spending more money on another more expensive 3500mah battery that it would do the same?

Guessing that someone else must have the same issue or using the same battery off ebay? Most of the extended batteries on the bay look the same in the pictures.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, I purchased this 3500MAH HTC Evo 3D Battery with black back plate two weeks ago. I ordered from here:

3500mAh Extended Life HTC Evo 3D Battery | AccessorySwamp.com

I ordered, $43 buck out the door cause i live in california.

I installed the battery and backdoor, immediately i noticed the texture of the backplate, and the grip it provides. I weighed the AccessorySwamp battery in one hand, and I have a 3500MAH Seidio from my HTC Evo 4G, the AccessorySwamp battery actually felt larger & heavier.

I calibrated the AccessorySwamp battery, ran it through cycles.

Yesterday I charged the battery over night, and unplugged it at 8AM. I used the phone moderately, using internet here and there, watched a few youtube videos. listened to 2 90 minute long pod casts, and streamed about 2 hours worth of Google Music over 4G through a bluetooth speaker. I also used the GPS for 15 minutes. While doing all this, i have 2 email accounts set up, set on auto receive every 30 minutes.

With all this being said, i am not yet a root user, but I plan to root this week.

My phone ended up dying after 1 day, 23 hours and 30 minutes... I almost put 2 days of unplugged up time on this phone, no problem. I would have taken screen shots, but i'm not rooted yet. I'm going to root my phone, test the battery again, and then update this post.

stay tuned for more info on this battery... What other tests should I run on this battery?

Hey Tyler,
I'm thinking about buying that Accesory Swamp battery, but I'm a little confused, the link that you posted does not show the back cover that you took picture of, instead there is a totally different back cover. Was the picture in the link like this when you bought it or did they changed the back cover that they are selling. Right now the backcover in the picture doesnt seem very good compared to the cover that you posted.

Upvote 0
I have had my tablet for about 3 months. I have gotten very good battery life so far. Much better performance than smaller 100-1200mAh batteries. On weekends I take it with me and dont need to bring my charger if I turn it off when not using it and dont use it non stop. I dont really do battery intense things like play games or stream, I pretty much just read, web surf, facebook, email, text and stuff... Overall I am happy with the battery so far. I guess the only thing I dont like about the battery is the interface the chrager uses, its not the same plug my EVO 4g/3d use.

Reactions: mani2012
Upvote 0
I've tried the cheaper no-name extended batteries, and I've purchased Seidio. There is no comparison, you get what you pay for.

My cheap battery said 3500mah, but only have about 2-3 hours up time compared to stock battery. Now, my Seidio goes all day, with plenty to spare (I plug in nightly), often still with 50%+ after 18 hours moderate to heavy use.

I, personally, won't buy another brand.

G

Upvote 0
first , i,m sorry for my bad english and sorry if this thread is wrong place

so here is my problem
yesterday i bought a extended battery + case from ebay without brand (only said battery replacement for htc evo 3d 3500 amh .....)
so i insert it in my htc evo 3d but the problem is I can't charge that battery

first the red indicator for charging turn red and after a minute i turn green-red-green-red until the charging indicator off and not make any sign it's charging

so can somebody tell me what wrong,and do you have a solution before i buy a new one?
any recomendation a good extended battery with a fair price?

the stock battery killing me with only 4-5 hour use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones