3900 maH G1 Super Extended BatteryAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Renton

Renton Member This Topic's Starter

Yes!! It's Out! For all of you big talkers !

The Super Extended battery from "Mugen Power" has done it again with the 3900 mah battery. I don't have any proof that it works like Advertise, Which let me tell you Mugen is Claiming 19.6 Hours of talk time and 1220 Hours of stand by that's 50 days !!

When I get it this Tuesday or Wednesday ..I will let everyone know how it works
    Because it has a 79.00 dollar hefty tag. That's a Lot of Subway 5 dollar Sandwiches lol ...So i'm sure people will just spend the 20 dollars for the 2400 Mah

There is the site so you can check it out ..OR you can search for it on ebay.

Advertisement
    michalurban likes this.
  2. Renton

Ok guys i got the battery On Moday 14 2009 at 8:30 In the morning ..Charged it 12 Hours(as stated by the instructions) . So at 8:30 that evening i unplug the charger ...Now Keep in mind this is the first charge! I turned everything thing ON.Has the Wifi On the Bluetooth On ..The GPS On ...Made a few calls for like 1 hour each of them 2. PLayed a couple of games including the Game Boy Emulator ... Today is September 15 2009 8:39 ..That's almost 24 hours later and the phone has 89% Left ..Now You Be The Judge ..How long is it going to last when i go through the 3 to 5 Drain and Charge Cycles ...I Have to say so far so good ..Anyone has any Questions Let me know !!

3. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

wow thats amazing.. how big is the back now?

i hope they make something like this for the cdma hero when it comes out

4. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

HA, you and me both Chris. The Sprint Hero has all of what? 4 hours talk time? UGH, thats just no good at all. With that kinda life, I cant see this phone making it a whole day without needed to be recharged.

5. ChrisPlague

yeah ill definately need two batteries!

6. Renton

Well Looks Something like this now ! But it's Worth It! You can look at the pictures right here I Have My wife's white G1 With the 2400 mah extended battery and of course my Black G1 with the 3900 mah [​IMG]

7. Renton

8. ChrisPlague

THANKS for the pics i think thats a little too thick for my liking though as i usually pocket my phones unless i can find holsters in store

9. Renton

Actually it fits in its Original Case that came with it believe it or not i thought it was not going to be possible given the fact that it went from chubby to Fat ass in like 2 seconds flat

10. Renton

Look at it this way ..No need for guns or self defense ...Just throw your G1 at your attackers no one is going to suspect that your G1 one also Doubles as a Weapon lol

11. AGBagb

AGBagb New Member

Be interested to know if the camera still works OK with that extra depth of case........

AGB

12. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I dont have that specific battery ... but do have a double thickness one .... and there have been no issues ...

13. Renton

Yes the Battery Door is Custom Made To Fit perfectly over the camera I posted pictures

14. Renton

And sorry yes its about 1/4 inch added to the thickness again there is pictures showing you thickness of the 2400 mah on my wife's G1 and on Mine Showing the 3900 mah battery thickness

15. AGBagb

AGBagb New Member

Interesting! I got the Mugen 1400mh extended battery (the one that just replaces the factory 1050mh, and doesn't need a thicker backplate) and I'm reasonably happy with it. But I travel a lot and that big 3900mh puppy looks like a fine idea for those trips (size is not a big issue as I'm now moving away from carrying a laptop at all...).

AGB

16. AGBagb

AGBagb New Member

Just a follow up. Having bought and now calibrated the Big Unit, I'm getting 48 hours of heavy usage out of it between charges.

Yes it's a big case: 1 1/16" thick overall. But I can cope with that when I'm traveling (when I can't cope with an 8-hour max small battery....)

AGB

17. Renton

But is Well Worth it Isn't I mean Sometimes I don't Charge my Phone for like A Week an A Half at a time ..and Sometimes 2 Weeks And the thickness is tolerable and it's better than getting 6-8 hours of constant use with the other one ..Oh and thats 2 weeks with everything on like GPS and WIFI and All the other power Hungry Apps ...I loved it and I hope you did As well AGB

18. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info on this. Want to run a fun test.....turn off BT and Wifi if you don't use it constantly and see how long you can go.

I leave GPS on but turn of 3G, BT and Wifi and get about 24-30 hours of usage out of the standard battery on a G1.

I would probably turn on 3G.

2 weeks is amazing. I haven't had a phone that was that good in a long time.

19. AGBagb

AGBagb New Member

In this connection, 2 useful apps:

Toggle Settings (free)

and

Power Manager (the free version is good; the 2 buck upgrade well worth it).

The first, if put on the home screen, saves menu-digging in G1's Settings.

The second both gives a useful monitor screen of battery status etc, but also allows custom Power Profiles to be created.

Given I am getting a full 48 hours with screen permanently on, one or other of WiFi and 3G permanently on, GPS on, heavy mail synching on, and often the music player running too (though that *is* a battery hog....), I'm pretty sure that with more frugal power use, I'd easily get a week...

AGB

20. dkaufman1

I helped develop an app called Timeriffic that might also be helpful in power mgmt, with little impact to the way you choose to use the device. Set and forget.

Cyrket - Timeriffic

21. Renton

Well Mugen Power Was claiming 50 days of stand by and about 20 hours of talk time but their results did not say what was running and what wasn't So I'm sure i can get about a 3 weeks to a month Stand by if I Turn everything i don't use off ..Well if you are patient enough i'll get back to you in about a 3 weeks time But i wont promise that i wont use it as a phone lol

22. dkaufman1

I would expect you to use it with phone and browsing and etc, like a normal power user who is trying to conserve "some" but not cramp your lifestyle. I can wait. Looking forward to it actually.