3D App Drawer?

1. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

Is there an apk out there for the Nexus One 3D App Drawer? I'd love to have this on the EVO.

Advertisement
    :
  2. calemon

calemon Member

LauncherPro has a 3D App Drawer in it.

3. mcbtrain929

i know, but don't want to use LP. i'm happy with sense. just want the 3d app drawer. with .apk's out there for just about everything, i figured someone would have stripped this from the N1 and made it available.
  4. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

It's part of the launcher/home. In this case, you're using the one for SenseUI. Installing new launcher files would mean you'd lose SenseUI. Installing Launcher Pro is an option, rooting and flashing a ROM without SenseUI is also an option.

I recommend asking around at the XDA-Developers forums.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619

There might be something out there, but based on my knowledge, what you're asking for isn't possible unless someone's made a SenseUI ROM and they've modified it to include a 3D drawer.
  5. mcbtrain929

makes sense......thank you!
  6. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Have you ever used it? It's damned slow and I wish they'd junk it, it makes scrolling up and down painful and also reduces the useful screen space for finding the apps.
  7. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

I like the ADW style of the app drawer. The 3D effect isn't really that nice for me. Simple is always best :D
  8. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

The one in Launcher Pro is smooth as ice for me, ianr.
  9. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

LauncherPro is very nice yeah.. but uses too much RAM if you ask me..
  10. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

So you notice some sort of slowness or difference? I only have Launcher Pro on my phone, I don't even have the stock launcher on it anymore. Everything is smooth as can be.
  11. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

no.. everything is running ok on my N1.. but for older phones it can be a problem with less RAM
  12. xmetl

xmetl Well-Known Member

13. tsandroid

tsandroid Well-Known Member

you can change the dock background to look like sense. Look in the market for an app called "custom launcher icons" I think it's $2.99 launcherpro also has a plus version($2.99) with Widgets, which support themes found on the market. Search "launcherpro themes". It's well worth buying. I used to use an Eris, & personally I found sense to be the least stable of anything on my phone especially the previews when pinching which quit working after a week, & the phone froze 3 to 4 times daily. As soon as I went to launcherpro, the problems stopped. It was like having a new phone. There's also a mod of launcherpro designed to mimic sense which you can find online.