1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

3D Games

Last Updated:

1. argenys

argenys Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey I was just wondering what is the reason that there are no good looking 3D games out there? That have multi touch capabilities? Why is it that the i"Phone" has beautiful 3D games come out for it basically daily and we get nothing? We get something by a guy that just learned how to code or something, looks cheesy and just cant compare. Why don't we have big developer support behind games. And if there are, why are they not pumping out awesome games?(Sorry for the rant but I really want some nice games like Madden or Rock Band or W/E)

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

they will come in time .... development is and issue and learning the hardware capabilities takes time

3. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

Another reason is that the android is currently using opengl 1.1 which tbh is rubbish, while iphone uses opengl 2.0 (motion blur among other things)

4. argenys

But the Droid is capable of Open GL 2.0 right? Is it the only android phone capable of Open GL 2.0? Does that mean that a developer basically has to develope for the Droid? So that's why it's taking so long to get good looking games because the Droid just came out? If this is all true then I guess it makes sense.

5. spottyelephant

Indeed.Once android 2.0 is on most devices that means devs will have both opengl 2 and multitouch to work with. Scroll down the
    games forum and loik for speedforge extreme and youl see whats comin androids way with opengl 2...

6. argenys

Hey, I could only find Speed Forge 3D but not Speed Forge Extreme.

7. spottyelephant

8. Str8_Krazy

Str8_Krazy Member

The samsung chip used in the moment is rated for Open GL 2.0. I believe the Qualcomm chip is also.

9. argenys

10. spottyelephant

No extreme is for both iphone and android. If you read it you see that it shows both opengl 2.0 and opengl 1.1 version. 2.0 is demonstrated on the iphone because it has 2.0, whereas they dont have a droid (or any android with 2.0) to demo it on android. It will look exactly the same on iphone and android when used on a opengl 2.0 phone.

11. argenys

When is it coming out?

12. rotor george

rotor george Active Member

13. shante1012

shante1012 Well-Known Member

14. spottyelephant

Ye saw that a while ago, i think that's the same developer as speedforge, who are currently putting all their effort into speedforge! So it could be a while before Chronos appears...

15. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

16. shante1012

shante1012 Well-Known Member

yeah so the person that posted the dumb crap about the android phones not being able to get 3d games can eat that post :)

17. androGAMER

androGAMER New Member

There will be some great 3D games coming, but developers had to wait until Android 2.0 and the newer devices to really take advantage of it. Plus, making a 3D game takes a lot of time and money. And right now, developers aren't making money on Android like they are on the iPhone. So until people start buying games on the Market, and stop buying them and returning them after they beat them, we won't see as many. Plus there are more iPhone users, so it only makes sense for them to put their games on there. Google needs to take steps to make the incentives to put games on the Market better than on the App Store.

18. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

The ADC {Android-Developer-Challenges} are showing Google Is giving incentives { Prizes worth $50,000 , $100,000 $250,000 } and promoting Developing for the Android Platform :)

This is a Good step , we just have to wait for the Developer base to build too as previously said. I look forward to what Android has to offer for the Future

19. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

I think the real problem is that most of the games are for what the mytouch crowd wants and not what new Droid users want. Droid users want kickass 3D games and other people spend all day on facebook apps and puzzles.

20. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I disagree , I think everyone want's Kick-ass games regardless if they have a droid or a My-touch :D

21. Andrewoid

Andrewoid Member

I don't think the developers have figured this out yet. There was a company that sold 3d screens for iphone for awhile, but I think that tanked.

22. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

It would be a very smart move if Motorola shows off any great games on their TV ad campaign. Game devs may have issues with the Market but if their games get to be on TV I'd think they'd rather take that deal.

23. wallysh

wallysh Member

I think we should see more games and apps when developers can publish to the Market from their respective countries. Currently developers from very few countries have this luxury.