3d @ i/o?General

1. RichboyJhae

RichboyJhae Well-Known Member

So it's been a while since we've seen anything on the EVO 3D, but who thinks it's possible they'll pull something similar to last year and give away free EVO 3D's to those attending Google IO? I think it'd be pretty awesome, allowing the semi-public to get a hold of them, post impressions on-line, get the buzz about the phone going, basically beta testing, as they did last year. It'd be a nice tradition for Sprint and hTC.

Advertisement
  2. thelonewizard

thelonewizard Well-Known Member

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Google would do that. In fact, I hope they do. Once the, how you said, "semi-public" has them, more publicity would be generated. I'd love to hear more about this. And I'd love for Sprint to release it within the next 30 days, but I doubt that's going to happen.

In any case, there is a lot of speculation going into what Google will be giving their attendees. Some say it will be a tablet, or a Nexus S. Others are hard-set that it will be an EVO 3D. The best part of this is that no matter what it is, we'll only have to wait a day or so to find out.
  3. deltatko

deltatko Well-Known Member

I would bet that they give out a Chrome laptop of some sort and Xoom's. Both are things that they want developers to get on board with, they know that they will flock to the 3D like they did to the EVO 4G, so I doubt they hand them out (though it would be cool because then we would get some more 3D news)
  4. themuffinman75

themuffinman75 Well-Known Member

The evo 3d has been in the dark so much that I don't know what to think but honestly if they gonna give away a phone I can see it being the sensation instead of the 3d.
  5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

something tells me it won't be a giveaway of the Evo 3D. I think Google would change things up. Just like how Nexus phones aren't all made by the same manufacturers.
  6. GaryColeman

GaryColeman Well-Known Member

My guess is they'll go top shelf and hand out the S II.
  7. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I think you're right, but I hope you're wrong. My bro-in-law is going and said if they give out EVO 3D's he'd sell it to me. Damn, I hope you're wrong! ;)
  8. RichboyJhae

Lol I'm guessing you're assuming the GSII is the best out there? I may have something that'll change your mind.

YouTube - Gaming: Samsung Galaxy S II vs. LG Optimus 2X

That's the truest comparison I've seen, no unreliable benchmarks, just two phones going head to head in real time.
  9. themuffinman75

^

Very interesting video. Visually the galaxy s2 looks impressive but you can obviously see where it takes a lot longer to load some parts. It really wasn't that big of a deal to me until few seconds toward the end of the video where you see galaxy s2 having some pretty obvious frame rate issues.
  10. RichboyJhae

I honestly prefer the NOVA's display, if you haven't seen it, take a look at it, you'll definitely notice the brightness, and how much more rich the colors look. I haven't seen the Super AMOLED plus in person, but I've read it isn't heaps and bounds over the Super AMOLED, and I've compared a Galaxy 4G to the G2x, and the G2x is heaps and bounds over it. The best way I can explain is this, is to say to load up a webpage making use of a significant amount of the color white. The Amoled will have a blue tint(as you can also see some of in the video), while the NOVA is nothing short of amazing. I'm no LG sells-person(obviously, I'm in an EVO3D board), but I continuously fail to see the hype in the GSII. Call me a skeptic.

/tangent
  11. GaryColeman

GaryColeman Well-Known Member

Good video. The one on the right looks much better. Which phone is it?
  12. RichboyJhae

I think it's the new iPhone
  13. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Bwahahahahaha ok that made me laugh
  14. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

The one on the right is the Samsung GSII
    GaryColeman likes this.
  15. novox77

looks like both phones load and play in-game cut scenes equally well (as expected). Loading times seem to go both ways. But the 3D rendering of that last game... the SGSII failed miserably. night and day. wonder what happened there.
  16. Emmexx

Emmexx Well-Known Member

Maybe, as you touched on, the 3D rendering is something of an achilles heel on the SG2? Were any of the other games in 3D? Although, granted, the 2X isn't specifically designed for 3D either, from what I recall, and it performed well.

Is Shrek Kart designed specifically for Tegra2?
  17. themuffinman75

18. Nexus S giveaway...so they ARE going top shelf!
  19. novox77

I would think the tablet is the top shelf item.

article says XOOM is the likely choice. but I don't think so. could be an unreleased tablet no one has seen yet.

comments section is always funny to read.
  20. Giving away a Xoom to people who probably already have iPads? :p I would give it to a friend or put it on ebay.
  21. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I would put it on ebay too... the iPad that is. ;)

They ended up giving Galaxy Tab 10.1's today. Phones tomorrow?
  22. deltatko

deltatko Well-Known Member

I bet they are giving away Chrome OS laptops tomorrow, being that Samsung is expected to be announcing theirs tomorrow
  23. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

I believe a google employee already stated it would be nexus s tomorrow (not sure if it is sprint or tmobile version). You can google for the original annoucement if you are.

24. alcohol

alcohol Well-Known Member

They ended up giving samsung galaxy tabs limited edition (without touch wiz).

Great give away.