• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3DCoche, Where is my car? - Use augmented reality to find your car!

I upgraded today to the latest release (android)... Menu just has "Save Position" and "RA View" (I have the italian version installed, so I dont know if my 'back-to-English' translation is the same as the original)...
How can I get the video tutorial and the park meter alarm?

Great app, by the way!

Hi,

Once you save position, tap on the car icon on the map and you will get the extra options menu. You have one menu for each car, so you can write 3 notes and set 3 different alarms.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I upgraded today to the latest release (android)... Menu just has "Save Position" and "RA View" (I have the italian version installed, so I dont know if my 'back-to-English' translation is the same as the original)...
How can I get the video tutorial and the park meter alarm?

Great app, by the way!

By the way, there is no video tutorial. There is a text tutorial only in english because I still have to translate to Italian, French and German... Only english configurations get the tutorial right now.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Once you save position, tap on the car icon on the map and you will get the extra options menu. You have one menu for each car, so you can write 3 notes and set 3 different alarms.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot... actually, I was pretty sure I DID use park meter alarm function once time ago, but I couldnt remember how!

One more thing: would it be possible to have the app functioning even if GPS cant detect your position accurately (like under parking lot roofs)? I think it's a great app and I think that in some circumstances it might be useful even if (if the user chooses to do so) you have just a vague position of your car (or whatever you choose to track), while, as you know of course ;-)) , at the moment the app cant save positions if GPS is not accurate.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot... actually, I was pretty sure I DID use park meter alarm function once time ago, but I couldnt remember how!

One more thing: would it be possible to have the app functioning even if GPS cant detect your position accurately (like under parking lot roofs)? I think it's a great app and I think that in some circumstances it might be useful even if (if the user chooses to do so) you have just a vague position of your car (or whatever you choose to track), while, as you know of course ;-)) , at the moment the app cant save positions if GPS is not accurate.

The problem here is that some users don't really get to understand what you mention... First version of the app used network and gps to get locations. Well, I had to remove the app from the market and republish a new one because almost all comments were negative. Users were getting locations half a mile away from their cars... they were really angry!

So I decided to force gps only.

One way of using the app for underground park lots could be by saving position on the entrance and then writing the place number as a note.

Thanks for the ideas!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones