3g 1x constant switchingSupport

1. Michaels90na

Michaels90na Member

Have had my optimus now for quite a while and have rooted running cm7. My signal goes back and forth from 3g down to 2g randomly. I thought it was the tower at first but my wife s phone doesn't do this and she also has vm service in the same location. It's really making me mad i can't hardly use the service i pay for. So far I've tried different roms and switched my prl to no avail. At night it doesn't switch nearly as often but during the day it goes back and forth nearly every few seconds cutting out my data. Really could use some help in figuring this out, thank you.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

It goes to 2g? I've never seen that before. Might be a problem with your phone, maybe call virgin and see if they cant do anything. I you do call virgin make sure to go back to a froyo rom.
  3. Michaels90na

Michaels90na Member

Fixed it , used the sticky that helped me find the testing menu, switched it to evdo only and so far so good.
    badblue1 and jerofld like this.
  4. Michaels90na

Michaels90na Member

thought I had it fixed but when put on EvDo Rev A only I dont get any msgs or calls. Obviously theres an issue when put on cdma Auto PRL, it keeps going back and forth again to 1x, but when on evdo only it never goes out. ANy more help please respond.
  5. Guian

Guian Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. Tower less than a mile from my location. Found out Sprint was doing data upgrade on the towers. Took six e-mails and two calls to VM to find that out. Still issues with text and 3g.