3G/2G Wifi toggling issuesSupport

1. Martin L

Martin L Well-Known Member

I've only just noticed an issue that after disconnecting from wifi my phone doesn't automatically go back to 3G/2G.
    I have to turn the wifi back on and when it can't find one only then does it decide to connect to 3G/2G.
    Didn't have this issue before and I'm thinking the latest update (1.31.405.5) has something to do with it.

Anybody else having similar issues?
    BTW I'm on the vodafone UK network.

Advertisement
  2. NX3

NX3 Well-Known Member

Since that update I find toggling 3G on and off will cause the phone after a few times to stop connecting. It will report HSDPA but you can't do anything, the H symbol won't appear in the top status bar. Reboot is the only fix.

Vodafone UK, firmware 1.31.405.5
  3. rgke

rgke Active Member

I have the same problem although hadn't figured out any connection with the update. I thought it might be something to do with juice defender but the update may.indeed be the cause.
  4. OObatz

OObatz Member

I've been having all kinds of grief since the last update.
    When people call me now it they say it sounds like they are talking to a robot, so I have to call them back.
    I've tested many times and calls are going straight to voicemail when the phone is in front of me.
    I constantly get that annoying mobile connecting sound when the phone is on 3g, which is now draining the battery really fast.
    I've had to switch the phone to GSM only for now, I'm gona try a factory reset.
    Im on O2 uk btw.
  5. p0is0n87

p0is0n87 Member

i have the same problem, but once i restart the phone, things work back the way they should.